Hello I just registered and was wondering

justle1

Hello and good morning all.

a friend of mine watched the Horizon episode recently on this subject and suggested i do too ( which i did and found very interesting ) So now i have a few questions for you all if you dont mind.

what i'm wondering is what constitutes as a DD does is it any 24hour period? I.e can i have a "last meal" on a UD at 430pm and eat again 430pm the following day?

days like this would help me no end with my night shift weekends.

oh and how long (roughly) does it take to see results?

I'm considering doing a trial next week to see how i get on with the lack of food - i suffer migraines when i dont eat enough normally so i want to test it out before committing it 100%.

I'm going to do Monday wednesday as DD's friday and sunday as ID and the rest as UD's does this sound ok?

I'll be counting my calories very carefully on DD's because (sorry) i'm not touching meal replacements with a barge pole (i'm no/low carb) but i'm not going to calorie count on an UP.

Anyway any tips & answers etc VERY gratefully received.

Thanks

Justle

oh and also (i forgot sorry) I workout quite intensely 5-6 days a week am i still going to be able to do this on a DD?

In my experience the losses tend to settle into what you would expect on weightwatchers or slimming world - about 1-2lbs a week.

You can have your fasts in any 24 hour period, yes

I suffer migraines too and I find eating the 500 cals on a fast day, and spreading them out helps stop them.

Your up/down pattern sounds fine, a lot of us do mwf downs (including me) =)

I used to do shakes but find food easier for some reason. Extra light phili and cracker bread is a lifesaver =P and I've not counted my up days at all and lost every week so far =)

re exercise, you probably want to keep away from anything intense on DDs especially with the potential of migraine triggers. hth x

justle1 said:
Yes that does help thank you.

Monday will be my first DD

Snap justle how exciting xxx

Oh I may have the 24hr fasting incorrect.
On a DD is this the fasting period? Does that mean I shouldn't eat anything as I have been spreading my 500cals out over this time :-/ granted I only did it yesterday but ate a yogurt am, soup early pm then small meal evening. ~ does that mean my 'fast' was ruined?

And also, I may have misunderstood this (doesn't take much!) And it int how I thought it was until I read this -
I am on and UD today and I have eaten my evening meal - if I don't eat anything else today, have my 500 cals speead over tomorrow afternoon and then tomorrow evening at 7pm can I start my UD and have a big meal?? Hmmmm I am sure I have misunderstood that right? cos then I would have had my 500 cals and potentially 1000 cals with a big meal
Even writing that I know it is wrong!!

Please can someone clarify? Lol xx

You have confused me so I don't know whether I am answering your question or not but I will try x
Firstly by fast day that means your under 500 day, some people to take the 24hr rule literally and eat their last meal at 6pm on one day and then start eating again at 6pm on the next.
The majority of us have 'days' as in mon, tues etc. So if mon was an UP day you would eat normally breakfast lunch etc etc, then Tues you would eat 500 or under from the time you get up till the time you go to bed, does that help x

bajoleth said:
You have confused me so I don't know whether I am answering your question or not but I will try x
Firstly by fast day that means your under 500 day, some people to take the 24hr rule literally and eat their last meal at 6pm on one day and then start eating again at 6pm on the next.
The majority of us have 'days' as in mon, tues etc. So if mon was an UP day you would eat normally breakfast lunch etc etc, then Tues you would eat 500 or under from the time you get up till the time you go to bed, does that help x

Yes it does :) I think I will stick to days for my own sanity! Lol.
And as long as I know the 500 cals can be split into snacks throughout the day I am happy :)

Thanks :) I will just keep doing what I am doing but may suggest to my mum that she does the 24 hour period as she really struggled last night and might make it easier for her?! She can choose that tho x

Back