Hello I'm new (though getting cold feet)

Jubbly

Yo-yo dieter here for the gazillionth time
Hello!! Right, I have ordered the packs which are turning up tomoz (poor credit card) and have to say I'm mightily impressed with the price compared to my usual Cambridge Diet :D

Me - I lost 4 stone (12.5 to 8.5 stone -scarily skinny) in 2006. Maintained around 9.5 stone for a while, gone up and down since Summer 2009. Have now put on 2.5 stone of what I lost and at about exactly BMI25. Last year lost about 20lbs on Cambridge Diet again but almost all of it went straight back on as couldn't be arsed with maintenance and couldn't afford any more packs. I suppose CD didn't fail - it's been 5 years and I'm still 1.5 stone lighter than the weight I started at. I'm just unsure how I feel. I'm not really looking forward to it this time :eek: The second time was way harder than the first time. Are the packs nicer though?

I want to lose just over a stone. Will this take the same amount of time as Cambridge? xx

Hiya! Welcome to exante! And well done for what you achieved with CD. Ive done both diets so will give u my opinion (altho were all different!) I only have the shakes now but have tried the soup and bars too. For me i hated the CD soups but the exante soups are much creamier and go down a bit better (theyre just not my cup of tea). The exante bars are bigger and more filling than CD ones (i only dont have them cos they play on my stomach problems, boo). The exante shakes are lovely too, theres not a flavour i dislike at all, altho they are a but less sweet than CD ones (a sweetner fixes that tho so all is good!). The only thing i prefer about CD is the tetras, but for the price difference i can live with not having them.

Losses are the same id say. All you have to do is have a peek at diarys and see how well som pople have been doing to see its defo worthwhile!

Wish u the best of luck and look forward to getting to know you xx

Yep losses seem to be the same, so just need to decide if it's a vlcd that you want to do :) you already know it's hard but very worthwhile if you are in the right mindset :) whatever you choose good luck :) PS. Your pic is making me dribble :)

Thanks babystar, that's useful stuff to know. I have ordered the milkshake only bumper pack with one thai soup and one choc-orange bar (sounds delish. And bigger? Hurrah) as I just couldn't hack the disgusting soup on CD and just wanted to try one and not be stuck with them. Infact I did almost the whole thing on choc mint and the occasional cappacino/coffee/whatever it was and banana as well as toffee bars which went in about 3 bites! Having said that I LOVED the mix a mousse - no reason why it shouldn't work with Exante though surely??!!

I might add in a small no carb meal but not quite sure how this all works yet. Suspect all very similar to AAM on CD.

Having said all this there's absolutely NO WAY I'm starting this until I have got my psyllium husks through as I don't fancy spending entire lunchtimes in the loo.....! x

Back