hello.....i'm new to slimming world

welshdaff

Hello everybody......my name is Ruth and i'm here to re start my weightloss journey. I have been doing Exante off and on for the last 6 weeks or so, but a remark from my 4 year old a few days ago forced me to think about the effect a VLCD was having on my family and her in particular......basically she stoppedd eating and would only have wot I was having!!!!!!!!! I have alot of baby weight to shift from my second girl so I looked at the various diet and thought this would suit my family and me.....anyway glad I got thta off my chest......there are so many inspirational stories on here, hope to be one some day......in the meantime it would be great to have some buddies to help me through the good and bad times x :)

Welcome to the boards! There's lots of good advice on here and motivation. Always welcome and there are never any stupid questions! If you need to ask anything, someone will always answer!

The recipe boards are always a good place to start if you need some new food ideas :D

Kids are amazingly observant. My daughter went through a period of hiding food when she was 3/4. She would say she was hungry, and when I made her something to eat, she would hide it anywhere and everywhere. It made for some smelly surprises. Behind the tumble dryer, behind radiators, in the couch cushions, under the chairs, down the loo...

I guess she'd picked up on my dislike of my body, and thought it would be a good idea to eat less.

I was certainly careful of what I said in front of her from then on. Now she's 11 and eats like there's no tomorrow lol

Welcome in, and good luck!

Hey, thanks for that will be checking the receipes daily...i love to cook but like most other people have very little time, but I am determined to make time.
thanks xmandydx I cried when she told me she didnt want to eat anymore to be like me, just awful, hopefully now this is a new start :)

Hey, thanks for that will be checking the receipes daily...i love to cook but like most other people have very little time, but I am determined to make time.
thanks xmandydx I cried when she told me she didnt want to eat anymore to be like me, just awful, hopefully now this is a new start :)

oh bless her heart, but well done for taking it on board and making a positive change,

if you look on the inspiration board you'll find loads of people who had loads to lose and have done it successfully, some quickly some slowly but its very achievable

welcome on board, good luck with your journey xx

hello and welcome, SW works really well with family life, lots of healthy eating and you can cook the same food for everyone and enjoy together

Back