hello, I'm new to this

I'm back, totally full up now. I'm glad we seem to have a little support group going here, last time I did CD I found it really helpful. There isn't much I don't know about the diet to be honest so if you need any help at all you know where I am. I've even toyed with the idea of being a CDC, but I just haven't got the time to fit it in with my job.

Sapphirelou, the first few days can be a bit horrible as I'm sure you've gathered. Drink plenty of water and try and have your shakes at the same time you'd have your normal meals. If you get a headache (caused by carb withdrawal) you can take pain killers, just make sure they're the cheap ones that don't have a shiny coating on them. The shiny coating is often sugar based and can delay you getting into ketosis.

I find that the first day I'm shattered by bed time, days 2 & 3 I can't sleep at bed time and by day 4 I've settled back into my normal sleep pattern again.

You might feel a little bit dizzy and queasy, but that's normal, again it's just carb withdrawal and once you're in ketosis you should be fine.

All this aside, once you get into ketosis you do feel way better, and somehow have more energy. Stick with it, because once you get to your first weigh in and you see the loss it's enough to keep you motivated.

Good luck Sapphirelou and Latebloomer, I'm sure you'll be fine. xxx

morning everyone, yesss! in ketosis, if you cut your ketone strips in half length ways (i know if makes them small but you can see if your in ketosis) they last twice as long.day 4 not feeling hungry doing ok, hows everyone else today x

HI fay and surfhunny!!! YOu are so lucky in ketosis!! I am just hoping I have then will power to stick with it until then! Day 1 going ok so far, fingers crossed. Have an apt this evening at 7 until 9pm so that should keep me distracted until bedtime and hopefully that will help.
Lou, welcome and please let me know if you started today and how you are getting on, its great we all have eachother to give support and help us thru the first few days.
I started a diary last nt to help me thru and remind me WHY I want to lose wt, I plan to read this anytime I am struggling. I also spent some time on youtube looking at reasons for overeating and how to distract you from it, hopefully the distraction techniques will work for this too :)
Good luck everyone today, talk later x
PS HI and welcome faithcooper!

hi latebloomer you can do it ,
just like surfhunny said you do feel better when your in ketosis and its only in a few days time.Im out fri night my dress was tight but now only on day 4 its def fits better .
i64912822_33188.gif
and surfhunny this is you in las vegas
i52333636_54323.gif
xx

Hi everyone!

So jealous too that you're in ketosis, can't wait to get to that stage

Well first day almost over and I'm feeling ok :)

I'm a teacher so thought school would be easier than when at home as constantly busy and not much time to think about food. Home now and starting to feel a little peckish, but I've promised myself nothing but water and CD products will pass my lips (figure its one rule I can definitely stick to)

Bit worried about later so am holding off my soup until really hungry and then will have a shake close to bedtime. Got a list of things to do as distraction activities too! I'm hoping planning is the way forward!

How has everyone's day gone so far?

Lou x

hi again ,forgot to ask how is everyone today would type out our user name but their is quite a few of us now, shall we pick a team name x

hey lou, sounds like you have it all worked out!!! I havent had my 2nd 'meal' yet either, gonna leave it til hubby in from work then last one before bedtime too....couldn't bear going to bed hungry lol! Remember if you're struggling get on here and post!!! I also found reading thru the old posts helpful. If you forum jump to the bring your head inside and your body will follow (in general diet forum) you will find some amazing tips for distraction, things to think about really, I spent all pm reading the posts in there! Thank god I am out this evening for an apt and wont be hme til bout9, thats the plan this wk is just to keep busy!
Fay, thanks for the support....you seem very positive so ketosis must be working for you xx

I'm not sure I'll be able to be part of a team, because I'm already in another one and I don't know if there are rules about that kind of thing. But I'd still like to come on here and catch up, because my team thread is very quiet. And we're all at different stages of the diet, whereas on here, we're all more or less the same. We all seem to be in our first week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, how's everyone's day been? How've the new starters found it. It gets easier, as you get more used to having to find things to keep you occupied.

I've been a bit hungry today, which is bizarre considering I'm in ketosis. I've had loads to drink because I thought I might be thirsty. But I'm still hungry, so I've decided to have an SS+ day and I've had some cottage cheese to try and take the edge off it. I've still got one shake left too, so I'll have that shortly. Other than that I've managed to survive my first day back at work. I'm wondering if that's why I'm so hungry - it's been so busy I probably burnt more calories than I consumed. Who knows...

hi,that,s a shame surfhunny but never mind you,'ve got the knowledge to help us all through and we can support you, don't want to lose you so please keep on posting .hi,latebloomer i
don't really know, anybody got any thoughts?

hi fay and surfhunny....hope you're having a bit of an easier day today surfhunny.
Fay I dont really know...what about the soon 2b skinny minnys??? LOL :) I really dont know but it sounds gd!
Well got thru yesterday ok so heres to day 2, first shake over just need to concentrate on the water.
Read on a website yest that body builders exercise like mad the first few days of a ketogenic diet to help them get into ketosis quicker - do you know if this helps?x

how are you getting along??x x x

Hi everyone, 2nd day now and pleased with how its going.

I've not had any major carb withdrawal symptoms - just a bit cold today so wrapped up in my duvet sitting on the sofa writing this! So feeling ok at the moment. Water is getting a little easier too, my CDC recommended I aim for at least 4 litres as I normally drink about 3 anyway, thought that would be no problem, but have struggled.

How has everyone's day gone?

Lou x

sounds like your doing brilliantly and being cold is art and parcel of the weight loss!! keep glugging!! keeps the hunger pangs away!! also a little tip from me is if you can keep your packs for as late in the day as possible it keeps you going for longer!!

ive had a good day thankyou, just gone into week four and believe me...it really does get easier!! x x x

Ps. Surfhunny - being a little nosey but do you lifeguard or something? youtube link and member name got me thinking.......

Back