Hello I'm new

Pascal

Hi there,
Thought I'd join to garner some support as I am thinking of doing either Lighter Life or Cambridge. Am I right in thinking that the only difference is the cognitive therapy sessions with LL? LL is almost double the cost and in all honesty, I know why I have gained weight. I don't need to talk about it and even if I did, I'm not sure I would to offload to complete strangers.

I have read lots on the internet over the last few days and have formed the conclusion that my past 'low carb' efforts have been an unmitigating disaster because I am so carb riddled:). The last low carb I did was the Pig to Twig diet which was based on Atkins. The book suggested that prior to starting the diet, you should eat all the carbs and sweets you want - which is in fact the worst possible advice. I couldn't continue for more than three days because I felt as though I had an army of hammer wielding sadists playing tag in my head.

This time, before doing LL or CD, I am 'prepping' my body for the next two weeks. I am cutting down on carbs and sugar - hopefully this will mean the diet isn't so much of a shock to my poor head.

Does this sound right?

Hi and welcome. Perhaps meet both counsellors and then see what you think. Also have a look at both sections in here and see how others have found it. I did Cambridge and my daughter is doing LL at the moment so very similar.

If you don't need the CBT etc then perhaps Cambridge is better and cheaper for you.

Irene xx

Back