Hello, I'm new!

jasmine90

Hi I'm joining slimming world on Tuesday and a friend recommended this fabulous site for lots of tips and encouragement so I've decided to join! I'm terrified of stepping on the scales as I think I weigh a lot more than I think I do! I'm a teacher so have six weeks off and would love to begin the new term a little slimmer! Anyway, looking forward to losing weight and getting lots of advice here, any tips greatly apprechiated as I've never been a member before and haven't ever dieted properly! Thanks in advance :)

The best advice I was given was to read through the book from start to finish when you get home and take everything in, and also to keep a record of what you've eaten to begin with.

If you give it 100% I bet you'll be amazed at your first weigh in! Have a great week xx

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find lots of support and heklpful hints here...x

Hello and welcome to the world of SW :)
Well advice i would give is read your book fully to try and let your head get around it, try plan in advance what you are going to have, keep a food diary (as its so easy to eat things and forget about them) and if you are never sure of anything come on here there are plenty of us to offer advice.
Can you just imagine your pupils faces when you go back to school - you will be like a new woman!!!
Good Luck
xxxxx

Welcome to SW and this forum!
You have made the best destination of your life, When I started my wife and myself used to go to Aquatone and after the summer hols were over last year we returned and the instructor told my wife that "it's a pity your husband is not here as the new man would be company for him" So didn't believe it was me until so came up close to see for herself!
It does work and keeping a diary is a must to keep track if you make any mistakes.
There are hundreds of recipes on this forum so you can make almost anything.
Good luck, go for it............
Pete

I felt sick standing on the scales first time in class I cloudnt believe how much I weighed, always been kidding myself that I put weight on. I mean how could I?
Best thing my consultant said to me was that is the last time you see that weight!

6 weeks to Ibiza. SW all the way!

smschofield81 said:
I'm joining tonight with a friend who has already lost 5 stone!
Really nervous about it, eekk!

I was so nervous too but there's really no need, you'll be fine! Have a great first week!

Back