Hello! I'm new!!

Hi, I found and signed up to this forum today! It seems a fantastic place for support! I'm wanting to lose weight primarily to feel healthier and happier, to be able to wear the majority of my clothes (which ive become too fat for!) and...I'm also getting married in August!

I'm 28, 5ft7 and currently weigh 17st9lb which is the heaviest I've ever been in my life! Desperately want to be anything less that this so I'm being realistic and looking for 1.5-2lbs a week weight loss.

I've got gym membership and a positive mind...so here goes! If anyone would like a buddy then give me a shout! I'm gonna be calorie counting and exercising! Let's start this journey NOW!

V xxx

Hello!
I'm also new, the biggest I've ever been and getting married next year! I'm terrified of being this big for my wedding.
I put on weight last year and then fell pregnant so put on even more! I can't afford the gym or anything so I'm just going to try and exersize at home and count calories. I'm really nervous but motivated to start 2nd jan 2013! We can help each other :) we will need support on this long journey!
Jess

Hi im also heaviest ive ever been and getting married 1st june. Im 15 stone 10. 5 6" tall and 28. How are you both planning to lose?

I'm 15 stone, 5ft 7inches and would love to be 10 stone for my wedding in sep!
Like I said, I can't afford slimming clubs or the gym (or have the time with a 4 year old and 3 month old!) and so I'm going it alone.... With the help of 'my fitness pal', a new app that someone recomended to me. It's basically calorie counting. Also going to get on the exercise bike and maybe a workout DVD if I've got time! I'm a big fan of ww and it's similar to that. What are you both planning to do?
Jess x

Hi! Thanks for your replies!
I'm planning on losing the weight by calorie counting...and doing some exercise!
I start tomorrow! Still feeling very positive! Let's do this!!:)

I started today...could have cried when I weighed myself...currently just 4lbs below my heaviest ever weight, so its gotta go. like now! We can do this!! :D

First day! Well done :) I know the first weigh in is depressing... I'm dreading mine in the morning, but we just have to remember that feeling when we head for the biscuit tin! This is the start of a journey, it will happen! How much do you want to lose? Have you set yourself a mini goal? X

Im new too, Good luck hun 2013 will be our year :) xx

Hi guys... I'm also new... Starting a clean eating regime today :S I'm bridesmaid for my best friends wedding in 9 months time and it has just hit me that i need to shift about 2 dress sizes to feel more comfortable!

Im 5ft5 currently weigh 14st and a size 16-18! Fingers crossed we can all reach out goals... I'm sure I will need some support along the way!

I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I know exactly how you're all feeling! I was gutted when I weighed myself and realised! I'm in need of a bit of support just people to grumble to and to turn to for motivation as I have none! I want to lose weight so badly but as I've experienced a lot of failed diets my thoughts always turn to what's the point it never works if anyone wants to buddy up so we can all motivate each other I'd really appreciate it good luck to everyone xxx

There's a really good book on amazon called 'the beck diet solution'... It has some really great advise in there... Its based on CBT and the book I reasonably priced x

hi all :D so sick of positioning myself a certain way to hide my many chins so like you guys found the will power to go for this! Heres to the new us xx

2013 is definitely going to be our year! Let's keep focussed on the end goal, and we can do this!! Good luck everyone! Keep strong! x

I started today...could have cried when I weighed myself...currently just 4lbs below my heaviest ever weight, so its gotta go. like now! We can do this!! :D

I'm at my absolute heaviest I've ever been in my life! I too have a cupboard full of clothes that I can't wear because they don't fit me! It's ridiculous! I refuse to buy any more now...I'm going to HAVE to slim down to fit into the ones I've already got! :)

Back