Hello just joined.

Tessa2000

Gold Member
Hello,

I am 36 and a size 20-22.
I lost a lot of weight once before but since moving to England 13 years ago and having had a bereavement + being on medication I put all the weight + more back on :(
I really need to loose the weight now as I am getting married next July. Any suggestions on diets that don't have any extra costs would be appreciated. I hope to meet a lot more people here for mutual support. X

Hi Tessa, and welcome to the forums. To pick a diet that will easiest to stick to you need to take somethings into consideration. What types of foods do you like to eat, are you a fruit and veggie person, or a meat person etc. How fast are you looking to loose weight? Are you willing to relearn how to eat?

There are many diets that you don't have to join a group or buy special made foods. If you go through the forum's different diet sections, you can see which each diet is about. For example in the GI diet section, we post what we eat daily to keep ourselves in line and to get feedback :) BTW low GI/GL diet, isn't expensive, instead of buying all the junk foods, we spend the money on healthier foods. My food bill hasn't gone up.

Thanks Cali. I will have a look at that. I am sole earner in household so on tight budget. Even tighter now with the upcoming wedding. :)
But I am sure I can find healthy food that helps me lose the weight.

Back