hello just started :)

missyl

Hi everyone, just started LT today and thought I'd join here since this is such a motivating place.

I've never done anything like this before, (did atkins for a month, which was working but I was getting sick of protein and the slowness of it all lol)

How is everyone else going along?

Hi Missy & welcome !
LT is a great diet & it works really quickly !
I'd also tried Atkins but it didn't work for me !!
The first week on LT is the hardest until you get into ketosis, but stick with it & drink plenty of water & it'll be worth it at your first WI !!

Hi everyone, just started LT today and thought I'd join here since this is such a motivating place.

I've never done anything like this before, (did atkins for a month, which was working but I was getting sick of protein and the slowness of it all lol)

Hi there missy.......i jus started this morning too!!!!! great to have someone else in the same boat....how did you find the first shake?????? x

Hi Missy, welcome to the forum....I've been on LT for 6 weeks and have lost 26lbs, I'm sure you'll be pleased with your results.

Keep us posted on your weight losses, and there will always be someone here that can answer any questions you have.:D

Good luck with you're journey!

Hi Missy, Personally I think this diet is the best, but I'm now very biased cos I've lost 4 stone. If this is the right diet for you then you are sure to succeed, results are almost instant which is great for boosting the old confidence. Good luck and stick with it. xxx

Hi there !! Congratulations on starting LT ! Make sure you drink plenty of water, you can have peppermint tea green tea black tea/coffee etc.. its all about water.. good luck hun xx

Hi Missy - welcome. Stick with it and it definately works! Drink loads of water and log on often as this site really does help you if you are having a low moment. Lots of luck. Sarah x

Hi Missy - welcome. Stick with it and it definately works! Drink loads of water and log on often as this site really does help you if you are having a low moment. Lots of luck. Sarah x

Hey guys, i just started today too. had my first shake at 11 and i have to say im still quiet full. drinkin loads of water and peeing like a racehorse. had a headache after the shake but drank through it.....really want this to work x

Hey guys, i just started today too. had my first shake at 11 and i have to say im still quiet full. drinkin loads of water and peeing like a racehorse. had a headache after the shake but drank through it.....really want this to work x

good luck hun, grit and determination are needed for the first week, once you get through this first week headaches and hunger should be a thing of the past and the weight should fall off, best of luck and stay strong xx

Good luck missy, you will be just fine and dandy!

good luck hun, grit and determination are needed for the first week, once you get through this first week headaches and hunger should be a thing of the past and the weight should fall off, best of luck and stay strong xx

thanks so much.thats great to hear. ive been very down lately about my weight. its really affecting me so i need to do this now!! i know this sounds silly but i have a very slim sister and she is very vain and does nothing for my confidence and she takes pleasure in making anyone thats bigger than her feel awful....its gotten to the stage where i dont enjoy going home....but miss my mam n dad so the only way around it is to lose the weight and then she cant pick on me....

Hi there.....great to have another one on the LT forum....this is a great diet and the support you get here is second to none!! Best of luck on your journey....first week is the worst!!

Aw, not a very nice sister! Try not to feel so bad about yourself, you are not that overweight. I would be absolutely over the moon to be your weight. Lose some weight if you need to, but work on building your self confidence as well. Your sis gets some kinda buzz from lording it over you, don't let her! You sound young, are you? (hope that doesn't sound patronising, I don't mean to be) Just sometime confidence comes with age :)

Aw, not a very nice sister! Try not to feel so bad about yourself, you are not that overweight. I would be absolutely over the moon to be your weight. Lose some weight if you need to, but work on building your self confidence as well. Your sis gets some kinda buzz from lording it over you, don't let her! You sound young, are you? (hope that doesn't sound patronising, I don't mean to be) Just sometime confidence comes with age :)

your right im pretty young......no im actually not bad at all, jus very short so look alot bigger than i would if i had a bit of height....also my bmi is very much over what it should be.....so trying to get back to a nice healthy state,not too interested in losing alot. 10 stone is what i was advised to get to. i try not to let her affect me but its hard all the time..... x

Well, as regards your sis, vain and bitchy are not very attractive qualities, so remember that the next time she criticizes you, and try and distance yourself. Don't react to her and see what happens. It may not have occurred to you, but she may be envious of you, and that's why she attacks you. Think of what you have and she doesn't. You envy her slim figure I know, but there is more to life than weight. :)

PS Just had a look at your pic, and you look gorgeous. :)

Hi Missy! I'm ex-Atkins too, although I did it about three years ago. I must have tried every diet going. Good luck with LT :)

Well, as regards your sis, vain and bitchy are not very attractive qualities, so remember that the next time she criticizes you, and try and distance yourself. Don't react to her and see what happens. It may not have occurred to you, but she may be envious of you, and that's why she attacks you. Think of what you have and she doesn't. You envy her slim figure I know, but there is more to life than weight. :)

PS Just had a look at your pic, and you look gorgeous. :)

thanks very much.your so right. there is more to life than weight.... i jus know myself that a mere stone or two will send my confidence through the roof. you could be right bout the other stuff too. i think the important thing 4 me is to lose this weight for myself and not to impress her. i need to be doing it for the right reasons .....if i do it will feel all the better with myself.....:)

good luck missy just remember its only a very short time out of your life to sacrifice compared to the years of misery of being over weight, keep that in mind everytime you start to think of food, worked for me, just finishing my first week weigh in tomos x

Back