Hello - my name is Steve and I'm a SW'er

Maximus

Gold Member
As per the title really. After many years of half-cocked attempts at losing weight, I've finally decided to try SW and throw myself into it by joining my local group and taking both my weight-loss and health seriously.

I'm registering here for both encouragement, and focus (keep myself on the straight and narrow). Although my first week at SW I only lost 1lb, I had been doing my own thing for a month or two before hand and probably lost a fair amount then.

I say probably as I have no scales in the house;) anyway, a long-winded intro by me, suffice to say I'm not really overweight, more a case of under-height:)

Thanks for reading and hope you all don't mind helping me with the zillions of questions I have that need answering - along with my group as well of course.

Oh and I forgot to add, I am also diebetic (type II) with both pills & insulin, though recently have stopped taken the insuling as the control is so good (doctor approval by the way). Therefore the balance is important.

Steve

Hello Steve
Welcome, Good luck on your weight loss journey hun! :) x

welcome to the forum,there's a great sw section here with lots on info,and diaries to read which are packed full of inspiration and motivation,you could eveb start one yourself.

best wishes on your weight loss journey
xoxo

Hi Steve

Welcome and good luck!
I totally know where you are coming from on the under height thing I am totally the same!!

I am also on Slimming World xx

Welcome and good luck. Same height as me and roughly the same weight as I was when I started the new healthy lifestyle back in May.

Welcome and good luck with your weight loss.

Thank you everyone, such a nice welcome - just like the local group in fact.

I'm sure I will have all the encouragement I require from work colleagues, SW group and now here.

I hope I accepted the friends/buddy request ok by the way - it's all new to me;)

No doubt once all this walking/hiking starts taking effect I will have one of those fancy graphics showing my progress. I'm sure there's a "how to section" and also possibly somewhere to list my goals and mini-targets.

All in good time....

welcome aboard! good to see another bloke about!

good luck!

Back