Hello. Myname is Cheryl

Hi. I am 55 years old and really keen to shed some kilograms which I picked up while having chemo for breast cancer . I tried joining slimming world but I live in South Africa and the online site will not accept my address . Can you guys suggest anything that I can do online that works!! HELP

Hi and welcome. Are there other diets available in South Africa? Like WW.

Or if you have not got a copy of the SW diet you may be able to buy it from ebay.

Have a look at our SW section for help.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Hi Irene, thanks for the welcome and the advise. I finally managed to sort out subscribing to SW from south Africa and have already lost four lbs!!! Really enjoying the diet even though I am not attending meetings I think I have the will power to succeed. I weighed 179 lbs at the start and want to drop 20 lbs to goal weight. I know I will loose quickly at first and slower as I approach goal weight but I am determined to do this for the sake of my health and just feeling good about myself . I had cancer last year (I am in remission now) and I am at last getting some hair back and my skin is going back to normal so I hope to be goal weight and looking my normal self by Christmas. The weight problem came from a mixture of cortisone and steroids (during chemo) and a LOT of comfort eating while I was sick!! Thanks for a great site!

Back