Hello, New Guy here - 2 Weeks in!

SamLondon

Hello all, I'm Sam, a thirtysomething guy from London, :)

I spent many years behind a desk and have found the weight has built up and have finally decided to do something about it! My local pharmacist suggested lipotrim TFR and I've been on it two weeks today. I had the usual headaches and rumbling for the first two days in the first week til they went. I've been managing well on this, though I do get the belly rumbles every so often (is that normal?)

My start weight was 124.9 kgs and I lost 3.3kgs the first week, though I'm personally disappointed to see that I've only lost 1.2kg this week :( (I know a loss is good - but 50 quid for just a kilo is expensive!) I'd been looking at this place to see everyone posting great losses and mine doesn't compare - especially as my pharmacist says guys should lose more! (my water intake daily is 3.5-4 litres a day - also I drink 2 mugs of twinnings green tea with mint)

So, hello everyone and -any advice all?

Hello Sam,

I understand your disappointment with a loss of 1.2k (2.6lb), especially when you are told that you can expect to see up to a stone and a half in weight loss per month.
Try not to focus too much on what you consider to be the negatives, such as only losing 1.2k. In the two weeks you've been on the diet you've lost over half a stone. that's not something to be sniffed at :D I know of someone who was well into their diet and seen good results every week, then suddenly for two weeks on the run they lost two pounds only. They ended up losing something like seven stone :)

Are you drinking enough water? That can hamper your weight loss. I drink approximately 4lt per day. Maybe doing some mild exercise, like walking, will help kick your body into gear. Keep on persevering and I'm sure when your body fully adapts, you'll be seeing the great results you are hoping for. Remember also, that although £50 per week may seem expensive, but you really are investing in yourself, your health, and your quality of life.

Best of luck with your weight loss
:)

Hi Sam, Welcome :)
People usually loose a lot of water weight in their first week, i always drink a lot of water even before the diet so my weigh loss was comparatively less than that of my friends on LT (and on this forum of course). But dont worry, a loss is a loss and it means your that much closer to your goal :)

Hi Sam

When I started this, I was much the same weight as you although a little shorter ;)

Don't get disheartened. This is the only diet I know that you can consistently lose a stone a month on (or more.) Stick with it and the good losses will come I promise. I went through a patch about 6-8 weeks ago where I thought my losses had stalled as they has slowed so much. I was even seriously considering refeeding to have a break and come back, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. Your body will let go of fat at it's own rate so have faith that it's doing the best for itself, not your irrational head that wants you to lose all the weight yesterday! Sounds like you're drinking plenty of water, which is great. I suggest you keep going and see what happens for the next 2 weigh ins at least.

Best wishes

Kay x x x

Yeah, I am drinking about 3.5 litres to 4 litres a day (in between my pee breaks! :D). Does anyone else's tummy rumble regularly - after the first few days that stopped happening but it's started again this week?

One good thing is despite me sounding slightly disappointed earlier, my willpower has been pretty good throughout (though I've noticed that TV either has cooking shows on all the time or ads for food!! :eek:

Thanks for the encouragement and all the advise, all! I will keep at it! :D

Great stuff Sam, sounds like you are settling in nicely. I'm getting all types of tummy noises, but put it down to the amount of fluid I'm taking in
:)

Yeah, I am drinking about 3.5 litres to 4 litres a day (in between my pee breaks! :D). Does anyone else's tummy rumble regularly - after the first few days that stopped happening but it's started again this week?

One good thing is despite me sounding slightly disappointed earlier, my willpower has been pretty good throughout (though I've noticed that TV either has cooking shows on all the time or ads for food!! :eek:

Lol I know what you mean I've say through come dine with me and master chef his week !

Hi Sam, well done for starting the diet. Not everyones weight loss will be the same and you might find that one day you've lost several pounds that you weren't expecting to lose, keep motivated and remember why you started it :))

Hi Sam, welcome!

the last time I did TFR I would have weeks where I would lose 2lbs or so, and keep on trucking, then I'd have a random 9lb loss. I think it's your body just not having a clue what's going on! Keep on keeping on, you're doing all the right things :)

On the weight loss front everyone is different - maybe your body is just taking it's time to get into the swing of things - keep at it because it is worth it (especially when you start hitting your mini goals)!

YES! Every couple of weeks I have three to four days where my tummy rumbles randomly. Also the TV comes as a horrible shock when on tfr - I had not even noticed how often my housemates watch Man v Food until I was on this.

The only thing I would say is drinking loads of water is great but don't drink too much (I got up to 5l per day at one point and I started to feel really dizzy all the time - the pharmacist said it was something to do with drinking too much water)

so stick at it - if you haven't been doing exercise up to this point and now you are doing 20-30 min walks everyday you may find that the muscle growth is responsible for your smaller weight loss (after all muscle weighs more than fat) if that is the case eventually your body will catch up and you will start seeing the results you have been working so hard for - keep it up :)

Well done Sam! You're doing great :)

I find it all evens out Sam. I tend to lose around 5lb per week roughly. Some weeks I might lose only 3lb but then the next week i lose 7lbs (Bearing in mind I'm on TFR 5 months now). It all does balance out! Keep your spirits up!! ;)

Well done on your loss over the 5 months, that's brilliant!! :)

Hello all, I just thought I'd update - turns out my inital worries weren't a big deal, I was losing over 2kgs the last couple of weeks - I've done 2 months in total and have lost 14kgs!

I am about to start refeed from tomorrow and then do maintence for a month before I go back on TFR (In June, I have a stag weekend, my Dad's 70th surprise bithday party, a wedding and then my birthday :) ). Anyone know when I can up my exercise during refeed? Right now it's too moderate for my liking and I want to spend some serious time at the gym this month!

Back