Hello, New here, not not new to Atkins!

jojogem

Hello!
I have been doing Atkins since April and have so far lost 21lbs. I still have a long way to go, and would like to lose at least another 3 stone.
I read the book cover to cover and it was like an awakening to me, and with a family history of diabetes, it just seemed to make sense.
The weight has come off very gradually, which was frustrating for me, as I can usually lose about 4-5lb a week, but I am so glad now and appreciate that this is the right way to do it, as if I have slipped and cheated the weight doesn't pile back on.
I have just come back from Florida, and I confess I had a blow out while there and just ate whatever I wanted. Although I think all the walking I did while there must have helped as I only put on 2lb in 10 days.
So now I am back on induction, trying to stick to the exact food list and looking forward to the pounds falling off!
Hope to get to know everyone over time!
Jo x

Hi Jo and welcome,I understand what you mean about the weight loss being frustrating,I have lost 14.5lb in 2 months and it now seems to be .5-1lb a wk.The good thing though is I am enjoying this way of eating.
I am sure that 2lb will soon disappear now you're back on induction,good luck.
lorna x

Hi Jo and welcome to our little forum. :)

Hi Jo and welcome,I understand what you mean about the weight loss being frustrating,I have lost 14.5lb in 2 months and it now seems to be .5-1lb a wk.The good thing though is I am enjoying this way of eating.
I am sure that 2lb will soon disappear now you're back on induction,good luck.
lorna x
Thanks Lorna!

well done so far and welcome to MiniMins

Back