Hello! Newbie here!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ClaireLouise, 15 September 2009 Social URL.

1. ClaireLouise

ClaireLouise Member

Hi everyone. My name is Claire and I am 21-years-old. I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and am really impressed with the results everyone has achieved. Well done to each of you.

The reason I have joined is to ask for some advice really. I am at breaking point over losing weight. I am 5'1 and weigh (when I was last on the scales approx 4 or 5 weeks ago) 12 stone 10 lbs. I have a cross trainer which I bought at the end of June this year and have been using it regularly for approx 7-8 weeks. I go on it for half an hour Sun-Thurs. I find it extremely difficult though. I calculated my heart rate to be 130 (I don't know if that is correct or not) and do manage to stay above that rate. However, I cannot see weightloss results. People say they can but I cannot see it. I still look the same in my opinion.

Am I doing anything wrong? Should I stay on the cross trainer longer? Should I incorporate any other exercise regime? Pilates/yoga?

I am a very shy person, lack confidence and have started to see a Therapist who has confirmed that I suffer from a mixture of things, such as social phobia, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and depression and would therefore find it extremely hard to join a gym to use the equipment or to go swimming in fear of people and how they perceive me, so I do not wish to go to a gym and wonder if there is any way I can lose weight and tone up without having to go down that route? I would like a flat belly and a slimmer bum. I have contemplated liposuction.

At the moment I feel really depressed and suicidal. All I want is to lose weight. Has anyone lost weight by just using the cross trainer? What other exercises would you advise me to do if you lost weight using them? I live at home with my parents and my brother so there isn't much space to do anything, not even exercise DVD's which is annoying.

I know my partner is worried about me and how I am feeling, so I decided to join here and ask for advice.

My diet is as follows:-

Monday-Friday I work (but work by myself with nobody around me so it gets me though the day). I have a cereal bar for breakfast which I eat at about 9am time. For lunch which is around 12pm I have a bowl of fruit - can be anything such as kiwi and oranges to just a banana, then for tea I have a dish of vegetables and some chicken or turkey sausages. I do not drink throughout the day at work to be really honest. I usually have a cup of tea when I get home and maybe 2 glasses of juice.

Friday evenings my partner collects me to go to his house so before we set off for tea I have potato wedges and southern fried chicken.

Saturday’s I don’t usually have breakfast but if I do I have shreddie’s, then lunch can be anything from veggie’s and meat along with a brew, with pasta for tea or a salad, along with a brew.

Sunday’s I don’t usually have breakfast but lunch will be either a Sunday dinner with veggie’s and meat or a tuna pasta bake, then for tea sometimes a yoghurt and a tuna sandwich.

Is there anyway in which I can alter this diet and actually stick to a new healthy one? It seems to be all over the place and I would be grateful for any help/exercise plans.

I have bought a smoothie maker - is that a healthy option?

Gosh I sound like a right whinger!!! :eek: I'm sorry and thank you in advance.

Claire xxx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cobweb

Cobweb Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Posting here must have been a big deal so firstly well done to you for that. I too am suffering from depression and try not to open my front door let alone leave it, with the help of my therapist in the last 8/9 months I plucked up the courage to join a slimming world group, I would not have the courage to exercise in public though.

I would recommend thinking about joining a local group with support, my Mum came with me in the beginning even though she didn't get weighed in and I have found it to be the most liberating thing I could have done. I saw my psychologist today and he has been amazed by the change in me, although I am far far from being better, I take each day as it comes and with baby steps. Just consider it at first and when you get comfy with the idea of being in a group of people with the same goal, to lose weight and feel better about themselves you will find the support you get is irreplaceable.

Fitness wise i can't answer you I am afraid, I am concentrating on getting down to a size when exercising is more comfortable, I am just trying to increase my everyday activities and be less statuelike.

Cobweb x
  4. aza2k9

aza2k9 BigBadAza

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My Own ;)
    welldone and welcome, You honestly have no idea how inspirational each and every member can be, Including you simply by joining =].This site has already helped so many fellow weight sufferers and everyone is successful in they're own way =3, Even me a 16y/o teenager was able to lose 80lbs thanks to everyone here, So welcome and believe me you have already taken your first steps to success
  5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us

Irene xx
  6. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    welcome to the site , trust me this place is a great one for everything you need xx

and AZA you look great x
  7. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    Hey there :)
    I am new to the site too and have been struggling with my weight for a few years but trust me you have done the best thing, you have signed up to this and done the hard thing, introducing yourself and being honest- WELL DONE
    From now on it will be easier as you will have help, support and advice from everyone on here (I was on here for a while last year and was helped so much- this is why i am back!)

Good luck with your weight loss, take it a day at a time and before you know it you will be feeling alot better! :)

Sammy x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.