Hello, Newbie here

AmandaT

Hello everyone!

Im Amanda, Im 24 and a stay at home mum to my two beautiful children, my daughter who is nearly 4 and my son who is 11 weeks tomorrow.

I have tried every diet going and always give up week 5 after losing nearly a stone which always goes back on very quickly.

TBH I have reached my point that I just cant be fat anymore. Ive always been a confident outgoing person but its slowly dispearing, I find I dread going out as I never have anything to wear and just always look rubbish and I feel down. i always think my life would be perfect if it wasnt for me being so overweight. Plus my last night out two weeks ago, a comment made by some man made me feel so crap and ashamed that I swore I would never feel that way again.

I also have another big reason to lose the weight, Im getting married to the love of my life in August 2013. I will not be a fat bride.

I have quite a lot to lose, I have set my goal target at losing 80lbs but could probably do with losing more than that. I will be doing Slimming World but doing it myself, I just dont have the time to go to classes with two little ones and we are also building a house which takes up a lot of my fiances time. I know the diet inside out so Im going to use this site as my 'group' session.

Looking forward to starting my final weight loss journey.

xx

I'm new here too, hi!

I'm really sorry to hear someone was cruel to you. I can sympathise with that very much. I wish you every success, for the sake of your happiness, not anyone else's (remember that, though I know it's hard) and congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Hi Amanda, Welcome to the forum.

You are certainly joining the club of people on here who have had very similar experiences as far as the weight problem goes. It will certainly be wonderful to get to be a lovely slim bride, won't it?

Do start your own diary so we know where to find you and can give you support and encouragement. Lots of very helpful and kind Minis are ready to keep you going and are rooting for you.

Take care and all the very best to you ... :)

Good luck Amanda, congrats on the upcoming wedding. I'm doing SW from home too..share any tips that you might have or come across and write a diary!

Hi. I'm new today and have a 2 year old that never sleeps! I will be doing SW on my own too as I don't have the money or energy / time / child care to go to a class.

Before my gorgeous son I thought I was big but now I would do anything to be back there (but still have my son). I put on four stone during pregnancy and still have three to lose two years on. I hate seeing myself in mirrors and have not been out since he was born as in a night out coz I just can't face trying to make myself look half decent when I know I'll hate it.

Everyone sounds really nice and supportive on here so will be logging on daily. Can anyone tell me how and where I start a diary etc. I am totally new to this and to SW.

Thank you everyone. Looking forward to getting on the plan tomorrow and get me into a size 12 wedding dress. Went to a wedding fayre today and found a picture of a wedding dress I love, going to tape it inside in the cupboard where the goodies are kept lol.

x

Good luck with everything. I'm loving SW and wish I'd have started the plan ages ago. I have only just joined this forum but have already read some really inspiring stories and the slimming world section seems brilliant! Lots of ideas and encouragement.

Hello and welcome Amanda,

Good luck with the weightloss. I've been on here a few weeks and still don't follow a specific diet. Am quite interested in slimming world but can't afford the groups. Are you doing slimming world online? X

Back