Hello newbie here....

pommychic

Hi everyone!

I just thought I would say hello! I am Andrea and after trying every diet under the sun, I thought I would give JUDDD a crack of the whip.

I don't have too much weight to lose.... I would LOVE to see the scales start with a 9.. That's not happened since I quit smoking 3 years ago but I am just so sick to death with diets!

I have tried everything.. You name it. I recently joined slimming world but I quit after two weeks! My best friend is a nutritionist and I just couldn't get my head around the slimming world theories about ditching healthy things such as extra virgin olive oil and pure butter for artificial cooking sprays and margarine! I also knew that I would never lose weight eating low fat yoghurts and fruit until the cows come home!

So.... I decided to give JUDDD a go. I love the simplicity of it and that there is not too much of the obsessive calorie or points counting. I tried it a couple of years ago but I wasn't doing it right.. I just couldn't reign myself in on my UP days. Now I know where I went wrong and I have a plan to tackle the chocolate cravings!

I plan to make huge pan fuls of low calorie homemade soups packed with loads of healthy vegetables but created to make them as yummy as possible.. So I can look forward to the soups on the down days.

looking forward to getting this extra weight off and meeting new people on the way! Xx

Hello Pommy!

I'm doing 5:2 and have been doing it for a week. It's similar to JUDDD but your cals are spread over 5 UDs and 2DDs. I'm weighing in tonight and *think* I've lost about 3lbs which I'm ecstatic with as I felt I was really bad over the weekend. So to lose 3lbs from just being good for two days is FANTASTICO!

Why don't you join the summer challenge to give you some incentive? If you've only got a small amount to work you could just challenge yourself to half a lb a week? I think there's 19 weeks remaining on the challenge so I've just joined and given myself a target of 20lbs.

I, like you, am desperate to be 9stone something again. I'm currently around 11.9 so have two stone to lose...

I started at 12.7 and did Cambridge Diet but found I felt too unwell.

Good luck with your weight loss journey! Summer is just around the corner!

Back