Hello......Newbie here!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by charliewoowoo, 8 April 2009 Social URL.

1. charliewoowoo

charliewoowoo Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.86%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hey peeps

Im starting lighter life on the 22nd April wooohooo im really excited!! I tried LL back in 2007 but had to stop as I found out i was pregnant! So losing the baby weight from the 2nd baby i still had weight to lose from my 1st baby.... a massive 4 stone!! So i have been on the health kick and only lost a few pound so im givin it another go..... i lost 16lbs in 3 weeks last time so hoping the same plus some....... I am not telling anyone that i am doing it this time :rolleyes: Has anyone else kept it a secret from friends, family,partners etc......

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kik

Kik Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.67%)
    Hi Charlie, welcome

I've got my first weigh in tonight and am quite excited. I've told most people about LL, all seem to be supportive ! Good luck on your journey:D

4. loula

loula Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.89%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Hi charlie and welcome :)

I told my housemate (she'd have wondered what the hell was going on otherwise!) and have told my mum too for some support. Havent told any colleagues yet as it's early days and don't want to publicise it - guess that's just me being paranoid I will fail again!

Congrats on your new baby by the way xx

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    welcome and good luck
    i only told my hubby and best mate to start with
    a few more know now, but not that many

daisy x

6. jcjazzy

jcjazzy Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Welcome Charlie,Good luck.This is a great weight loss forum,and will complement your group .

7. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Welcome Charlie

Didn't keep it a secret, but did keep it low profile for the first few stone until I was confident I'd be successful.

8. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Everyone knew I was doing it! Couldn't give up then in the first few days because I'd have to be accountable!

As you know, this plan really works and has been my miracle over the past five months - I'm still astounded daily that I weigh 6 stone less, and I hope that feeling of awe continues for ever - not least because that will mean I'm a successful weight holder!

Good luck and once the first week is over, things just get better and better!

9. charliewoowoo

charliewoowoo Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.86%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Wooooo starting on tuesday as someone has dropped out!! Very exciting!! :D:D:D

10. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    I'm the same as PS, told absolutely everyone I was doing it from the very start - even people at work who are virtual strangers :D
    Like PS too, I think it was to be accountable, if I gave up, I would have to admit it to just about everyone I've ever met! On the plus side of everyone knowing, it makes them more aware of you changing, so you get lots of compliments - I know coz I got some at work today, and it's made me feel FAB!!! :D

11. charliewoowoo

charliewoowoo Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.86%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Yeah i know where your coming from admitting your a failure if you quit. Another reason why im not telling anyone is the negativity......"its not healthy" blah blah blah......
    Im going to hide it for now and see what happens. Another thing is that my sister is a dietition so dead against stuff like this!!
    But its not really healthy being 4 stone plus over weight is it!! :p:p:p

12. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    howdy, i was going to keep it a secret, but then figured that people might be wondering why I wasnt eating! So Ive told people, then they wont offer me a biccy in the staff room!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.