Hello NEWBIE :)

smee123

Hello all

I am new here obviously. An asian female - used to having too many curries :sigh:
From being seriously depressed about my weight and body image - emerges a more proactive me :eek: . With support from you all I hope to achieve significant weight loss

Current Weight: 176 lbs
Target Weight 120 lbs
Height: 5ft 4 inches

Currently attempting Joshi's holistic diet

Looking for diet suggestions and excercise plans ? which worked best for you

look forward to chatting to you lots

love you all

Smee xxxxxxx

Hello and welcome to Minimins

I havent heard of your diet but will look forward to hearing how youre getting on :)

Hi smee

Good luck with the diet i hope it goes well ive never heard of it could you maybe tell me a little bit about it it sounds interesting.

kazzy

hello ! well the joshi diet is a detox diet and is something that gym paltrow tried but I have been on it a week and I have not lost weight - I havent dome much excercise with it - I am still trying to figure out what is the best excercise regime for me ......

its a basic really: no bread, pasta, no dairy ( except yogurt) no fruit (except banana) no rice ( except brown rice) , lots of vegetables and carrots seem to be particular fav - cut out coffee - herbal teas only, no sugary foods etc - lots of fish and eggs

I have managed first week ok - his book has a reciepe section thankgod

I did cheat today - family I havent seen in ages ( 10 years) were in London for a visit so we went out.....oops at least I didnt drink - again - no drinking or smoking

I think I might just try and fins some weightwatchers in my area- I have heard good things and I need that support - I struggle on my own

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i have lost 1/2 pound.................... I think I might just switch to weightwatchers - I could do with the support xxx

this is my first time at dieting period. I was never that aware before. But diabetes is a big issue in my family as with most asian families and when I checked my BMI which went from overweight to obese - it was huge psychological shock - trigger as it were and the weight I have put on has been slow over a number of years....... No idea if thats is a good or bad sign for my metabolism and future weight loss - its really depressing :( I mean I am only 20 now - the earlier I attempt weight loss the better

Hi Smee
Good to be aware at a young age. It IS easier to lose the weight when you are young. Once you work out a healthy weight for you and find the right way (for you) to do it you will be well away :)
Gem x

Hey Gemstone :)

Thanks for that - but which is the best diet for me ? :sigh: I have no idea .....

what diets are you guys doing ??

Im just trying healthy eating, and whatever i eat im having smaller portions of (using a smaller plate) and ive cut out the junk especially the crisps which are fatal for me.
Support is always good so if u feel you struggle on your own use WW or SW at least it will give you a good idea where to start, and keep coming on here its brilliant for support and encouragement
Kazzy

good luck smee! we're all here for you! welcome to the forum xxx

thanks all - I am seing my local cambridge diet rep - lets see what she says........... meeting her on thurs - will see - am scouting local gyms this afternoon - I am gonna take a while to decide the best course for me :eek:

Good luck with that Smee. Not an easy choice but if it works for you you're rockin'
Gem x :)

Back