Hello nice people from MiniMin land

elcro67

Hello folks,

Joined a couple of days ago and have been finding my way around this very useful little site (though I am struggling a little with the android app!)- seems like a really nice place to be and I look forward to settling in for the long haul.

My last stint at SW classes was in 2011/2012 - I lost a couple of st (drop in the ocean!) and then due to lack of money and general can't be ars'dness stopped going so as per the most familiar story in the book I am back at square one now weighing 20st+ !

Well, I am soon to be 47 yrs old, everything aches, I struggle bending and even standing for a short time gives me backache and makes my thighs go numb - getting old is a ***** but getting old and being fat is a whole other ball game and I don't want to play any more! I am not the most sociable person in the world so classes did my head in but a forum like this seems just the ticket!

My plan is to be in the 13st region by the time I hit 50 - no size 10 fantasies for me size 16-18 will make me a very happy bunny and I think I have given myself plenty of time to get there. I intend to follow a SW based plan with a fasting day thrown in (for the health benefits) and a not so strict day (for the sake of sanity and long term motivation!) per week. This is week one and I started with a 24 hr fast Mon/Tues, and weigh in's are on Tuesdays (after fasting day of course!)

See you around - there is so much to read on here it's so good to have something to do while waiting for dinner to cook rather than snacking! :)

Back