Hello- not so newbie here!

ApplySomePressure

Silver Member
Hi, I've been lurking about this thread for a few days now so thought i'd better come out of the corner! I'm no stranger to minimins but I used to do Cambridge diet which worked really well and I lost 3 stone then put it all back on plus some more.

I'm 23 and I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I'm hoping that losing weight slowly and by calorie counting i'll not only get to the weight I want to be but i'll keep it off- fingers crossed!

I've been ccing since Friday so not very long but so far I'm amazed at how much I can eat and i'm slightly obsessed with addingto my fitness pal app! I'm ApplySomePressure on there too and I have no friends on there so feel free to add me.

I'm sure i'll get to know a lot of you during this. Think that's a long enough rambling first post!

Hey ApplySomePressure!

I know what you mean about the obsessive MFP adding - I do the the same. I just can't leave the app alone!!!

I'm snakesandladders2 on there so feel free to add me if you like, but I don't have any friends on there so I don't know what it gives you! lol

Anyway, CC is great, isn't it? I feel like I'm always eating but I'm still losing! Score :)

ApplySomePressure - hello to a fellow CC/MFP. I am 22 and a similar weight to you (currently 211lb) so we're similar stat wise :) Helloooo :)

Thanks hun :) I have been dieting on/off since January - I joined WW in January at 228lbs and did really well up until April and then I had a break for 3 months where I put a little bit back on but now I'm "in the zone" and finding MFP really helpful.

...I lost 3 stone then put it all back on plus some more.

I'm 23 and I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I'm hoping that losing weight slowly and by calorie counting i'll not only get to the weight I want to be but i'll keep it off- fingers crossed!

Can you take a few minutes with a notepad and pen to identify the times, places and types of food that made you regain the weight? We all have weaknesses, mine are breads, anything that goes from crunchy to creamy when you chew it (crisps, biscuits, cookies) and then cheesy food for example.

Also, pattern-wise, if I save my main meal for the evenings I find it VERY hard to hit the off switch, and tend to just keep grazing on a slice of cheese, a few crackers, etc... I can blow another 800cals that way easy if I don't watch out for it, and that's why I eat my main meal early in the day.

Those food types and patterns are how I gained 45lbs and I know when I move into maintenance I won't be able to be sloppy round them.

You almost certainly have your own personal weak spots (times, places, kinds of foods etc) when control is harder to maintain, and if you can work them out by looking at that regain now, you can start preparing for the long-term goal of keeping the weight off. ;)

(Source of my opinions = experience, + Doc Gullo, my hero! :D)

Rachblue...that is aa very good post and a few of the things you mention i can fully relate to.

I think I will try this myself over the next week and see what I come up with xx

RachBlue said:
Can you take a few minutes with a notepad and pen to identify the times, places and types of food that made you regain the weight? We all have weaknesses, mine are breads, anything that goes from crunchy to creamy when you chew it (crisps, biscuits, cookies) and then cheesy food for example.

Also, pattern-wise, if I save my main meal for the evenings I find it VERY hard to hit the off switch, and tend to just keep grazing on a slice of cheese, a few crackers, etc... I can blow another 800cals that way easy if I don't watch out for it, and that's why I eat my main meal early in the day.

Those food types and patterns are how I gained 45lbs and I know when I move into maintenance I won't be able to be sloppy round them.

You almost certainly have your own personal weak spots (times, places, kinds of foods etc) when control is harder to maintain, and if you can work them out by looking at that regain now, you can start preparing for the long-term goal of keeping the weight off. ;)

(Source of my opinions = experience, + Doc Gullo, my hero! :D)

Excellent advice for everyone

It's perfect because this is all part of the journey changing habits too

Thanks for replies, I'm sure everyone has their foods that they crave but I actually haven't missed anything so far on this because I'm not banning anything!

Think that's the first time I've not banned anything.

Back