Hello! on day 10 of Cambridge

riverbank

Hi everyone my name is Katherine I'm on my 2nd week of Cambridge. I guess like many of us I have tried several plans and methods over years but nothing has worked long term up till now.
My first weigh in with my consultant was a bit of shock, 15.13. About a stone heavier than I thought, but I had been avoiding the scales! Good news is I lost 11bs in my first week, I know it is mainly water, but it is encouraging. I am doing step 2 in my own way at the moment, so I have 3 CWP a day and instead of the 200 calorie meal I have a slim fast shake for 220 calories. My consultant is OK with this. I may change it after this week. I just wanted to have a break from eating and do TDR, but in a way to suit me.
I have been lurking here for the past week or so, reading other people's posts has been great. A good distraction from food and of course makes me feels less alone with my struggles.
Looking forward to getting to know some of you, whether you are doing a VLCD or not, we are going for same goal, I think to be healthier and happier!

Well done on your first loss, that is amazing!!

I've never lost anywhere near that amount of weight even in my first week.

How are you finding it?

I love this forum, it is so good being able to talk to people who are on the same journey and are not judgy when it comes to VLCD's.

I've still got 3st to lose so I'm going to just keep plodding along all the way to goal weight.

Thanks Dolly Rocker!

Tbh I found the first week a bit tough, not so much that I was hungry, just I was exhausted and couldn't move from the sofa most days. But at the beginning of my second week I started feeling better, more like myself. Because I lost my job at the beginning of August this seemed like a good time to do it. I want to feel a bit more confident if I can lose a bit of weight going to interviews, etc. If I was working I don't know if I could have stuck to it the first week as I was so tired.

What plan are you following? Cambridge is a bit expensive but I think I need the discipline of being weighed by someone else!

It's interesting when you say about people being judgy about VLCDs. That's why I haven't told anyone either, apart from my daughter (I am a single mum with a 15 year old) a bit, but try not to make it a big deal at home but obviously she will notice that mum's not eating the same. I just feel a bit embarrassed, it is weird isn't it?

Worst week is done, you don't feel like that again. Think it's just a shock to your body of going to very low calories so quickly.

I'm doing Exante which is very similar to CWP but so much cheaper, I can get a whole month of shakes for £70 when they have the offer on.

Only thing is you do have to be very strict with yourself and you are just weighing in at home.

I've actually found it okay this time, I've stuck to plan since middle of April and I'm nearly 4st down so it really does work.

Oh god people can be terrible with their judgy opinions can't they, I've hardly told anyone I'm on a VLCD and out of the people I have told more than 1/2 of them have said oh it won't work and you'll put all the weight back on blah blah blahhhhh.

Just leave me be! It works for me so I'm happy with what I am doing.

Your weight loss is amazing, Dolly Rocker!!

My Cambridge consultant said on Cambridge expect a stone a month, that's what you are doing by yourself on Exante. It shows that you are strong and determined.

This is my first time on a VLCD, apart from a bit of Slimfast. I just want something simple this time with pretty much guaranteed results. With Weight Watchers, Slimming World, etc I found that I got a bit demotivated in those STS or small gain weeks. Hopefully I won't see as many of those on Cambridge.

Honesty, I completely agree, yes I really think that sometimes it's better when people don't talk to me about diets, etc because what works for them might not be best for me! I guess the best thing is find out what works for you

Totally agree.

I've played about with plans and I find that having 3 Exante products a day and topping up to 1,000 calories works best for me. I also do a minimum of 10k steps every day which seems to be helping.

I just find that this takes all the effort out of planning meals etc. I find it so easy and once I get to goal weight I will just use My Fitness Pal to track my calories and hope that I can maintain my weight that way.

I love your approach of finding what suits you. It's obviously working! Do you have a diary on here Dolly Rocker? Still finding my way around

Going to have to go some washing and stuff, will be back when I can. This site could get a bit addictive, but I'd rather be on here than munching!

Hi everyone my name is Katherine I'm on my 2nd week of Cambridge. I guess like many of us I have tried several plans and methods over years but nothing has worked long term up till now.
My first weigh in with my consultant was a bit of shock, 15.13. About a stone heavier than I thought, but I had been avoiding the scales! Good news is I lost 11bs in my first week, I know it is mainly water, but it is encouraging. I am doing step 2 in my own way at the moment, so I have 3 CWP a day and instead of the 200 calorie meal I have a slim fast shake for 220 calories. My consultant is OK with this. I may change it after this week. I just wanted to have a break from eating and do TDR, but in a way to suit me.
I have been lurking here for the past week or so, reading other people's posts has been great. A good distraction from food and of course makes me feels less alone with my struggles.
Looking forward to getting to know some of you, whether you are doing a VLCD or not, we are going for same goal, I think to be healthier and happier!
Thats a fantastic loss. I am starting Thursday after I see my consultant. I did the Cambridge diet about 9 years ago and lost 5st. Unfortunately put it back on as I didn't follow the plan and slowly introduce food. This time its my health suffering so I have got to do it. Look forward to following you on your journey 😀 x

Messert you did really well last time, you can do it again! Are you going back to the same consultant or someone else? 5st loss is my goal. It's really inspiring for me to hear about others really well on VLCDs. I am thinking starting a diary.

Good luck on your journey, i'm just finishing my 3rd week on Cambridge, lost 9lbs so far. I'm considering changing too Exante as my consultant isn't doing weigh ins, which is why i chose Cambridge as i need the support from a consultant.. I've only spoken to her once, when she signed me up, she doesn't text/call to see how I'm getting on. So I'm pretty much on my own.

Honestly I would tell anyone to switch to Exante, the products are great.

I am just so used to doing it on my own now that I manage to keep the motivation even though I don't have a consultant.

You can do it, weigh at home or go to Boots every week and just use the scales there.

Honestly I would tell anyone to switch to Exante, the products are great.

I am just so used to doing it on my own now that I manage to keep the motivation even though I don't have a consultant.

You can do it, weigh at home or go to Boots every week and just use the scales there.
Thanks Dolly, i will, seems stupud paying out so much and not getting the support. I'm sure with the support on here we can do it. Any recommendations or exante products to avoid?

Everyone has different taste but here are some of my favourites;

* Coconut latte shake
* Cinnamon swirl shake
* Chocolate mint shake
* Cherries and berries shake
* Mushroom soup
* Sweet and sour noodles - these are never in stock!
* Strawberry jam bar
* Chocolate peanut bar - texture does seem a bit strange initially

Back