Hello one and all!

AnyAn

Hi everyone,
My names Angie and Im new to the forum..
Ive recently joined weightwatchers and according to them, my ideal weight is apparently HALF of my current weight, but I would be happy to lose a third of it!!
I have approximately 6 stones to lose, so will be on here regularly looking for inspiration and new ideas for recipes...
I may be a bit of a lurker to start with, but once I find my feet, I will contribute much more!

Hi,come and mingle! Don't be shy! This site is a godsend,I'm addicted to it lol.Good luck on your WW journey,I'm on my 12th week and am so glad I joined WW :0)

Hi Bulldogdaisy,
Its hard isnt it though when you have so much to lose. (looking at your picture, you dont have that much to lose!)
Im determined NOT to worry about the bigger picture though and just concentrate on the small steps... Im visiting family in UK next Friday for a week, so am looking forward to that challenge ( so many tempting things to eat there!)
And then off to New York on holiday in about 8 weeks, so hoping to up my walking for both weight loss and practice for when we get there and also lose some lard to make a hot sticky new York not so uncomfortable for this particular little fatty!!
x

There are some threads on here for people who want to have a bigger loss,might be worth having a look around the site.I was 13.13.5 stone when I started 12weeks ago and am now 12.5.75 stone,would like to be 10 and a half.I hope you have a fab time in the UK,which area are you going to if you don't mind me asking? Couple of good holidays for you coming up then :0)

Im going to stay with my daughter in Lincoln and my parents in Hull... A twin centre holiday so to speak!! I will have a look at those threads.. I am a Eurovision widow tonight, so making the most of having the laptop to myself... Thinking of taking it out onto the terrace, its still 25 degrees out there!

Sound bliss tonight,we've been having a run of warm weather in the UK,hoping it stays for abit longer :0) enjoy your evening,movie night at mine tonight!

Hi AnyAn!

I went to University in Lincoln ....... It's a gorgeous city :)

Good luck with the weight loss, keep us posted with how you get on!

X

Hi Onion!
Thanks, My daughter and husband live at RAF Digby, so a bit out of Lincoln now, but they used to live nearer to Waddington where my son in law was based originally.. I havent been to the Cathedral since I was in Primary school on a school trip, and keep meaning to go back, but THIS time Im determined!!
I really like it. We have no plans whatsoever to move back to the UK, but if we did, I would certainly consider that area. Seems so much calmer than Hull!!
And Daisy, we are happy to share the warm weather with you for a bit... To be honest, I would like it if it didnt get any hotter than this, but we can feel the ferocity of the heat already.. my husband went to the supermarket at 8pm and said as he walked out he felt the heat hit him like a wall!! He put the shopping on the worktop in the kitchen and got straight into the shower to cool down!!
x

Onion, just to clarify, I mean my daughter and HER husband live at Digby, not my husband!!

Lol that reads a bit better!!

The cathedral is stunning, but the steep hill that gets you there from the town centre is a killer!! Makes me sweat just thinking about it! And a nice drink next to brayford pool if the weather's like this, would be rude not to ;-)

X

Yeah, definitely Brayford, its lovely around there... A few times Ive gone in to town with my daughter on her way to work (she works right in the centre near the old arches, but I cant remember the name of the street, its on the pedestrianised bit near the tudor tea shop) and I have a wander about, then meet her for lunch.. She goes back to work and I go wandering again! Then meet her at 5 and we go to pick my granddaughter up from nursery on the way home! lovely! Cant wait..... 6 Days!! x

Hi Jaly, I am really enjoying the forum... great place to chew the cud and get some new recipes and ideas!!
Daisy, its 4.15pm and INSIDE my living room is 30 degrees!! My outside temp checker has died (from lack of batteries, not the heat!) so I cant say what it is out there... too hot for me to be there enjoying my book though... Ive had Sunday dinner and am now off for a lay down! Had to have it early as my husband has a gig this afternoon so wont be home to eat at our normal time (He is a trombonist as well as a teacher!)
Hope you've all still got good weather over there!

x

Haha!! glad you're happy to share the weather for a while!!
Sunday lunch was lovely, if a little early for me, as we dont normally eat a big meal on a Sunday until about 8pm normally, not now the weather is warming up!
Im going to log off shortly, get a nice cold shower and then lay down with the shutters almost down and the ceiling fan on! BLISS!
Andy (husband) isnt in until 10pm, so I have plenty of free time.. Need to do some ironing, but not even starting that until its cooled down a fair bit! And yes, he is a VERY busy man!!
x

Hope you had a nice rest,I had a nap today aswell due to heat and feeling abit washed out!boo to ironing in this weather! Too hot! Hope you managed to get it done though and you have enjoyed time to yourself.Yup your hubby is a busy man!bet he will enjoy a nice holiday soon then :0)

Back