Hello! Starting VLCD Monday

GetSetGo

Back in 2007 I weighed in at over 200lbs and over approx 18 months I lost 47lbs getting down to a slim 160lbs in August 2008. To celebrate my success I was invited to do a photoshoot with Slim At Home Magazine which gave me some great photos, a magazine spread and a great day out in London being pampered which was a nice reward for all my hard work!

I lost the weight back then by calorie counting and taking up long distance running. Unfortunately since then the weight has crept back on due to a serious back problem in January 2010 which left me in severe pain, laid up in bed, having to have Carers come in several times a day and losing my children for several months!

My long distance running days are unfortunately over and exercise is obviously very difficult so I now have to rely on diet alone.

Have managed to lose about 25lbs myself very very slowly and have decided to give VLCD a try to lose the rest.

It's been a tough couple of years to say the least and my health will never be the same again, my head is now in a better place and I am now ready to finish my weightloss journey!

Hopefully I will make a few friends along the way and be able to offer my support where I can!

Happy New Year!!!

Lisa

Last edited:
Welcome, and Happy New Year to you too. Sorry to hear of your health problems :( but hopefully losing weight on this VLCD will give you a boost :). Just keep strong in the first few days and it becomes much easier after that. I can vouch for the fact that you can lose weight on this without exercise as apart from dog walking and a 10 minute walk to and from the station when I'm at work I do nada exercise and still lose weight quite successfully.

Im starting too

Hi just wanted to say im starting monday too, so hope we ca help each other.
I have alot to lose so will be a long journey.:(

Good luck with your journey, we're all here for you.

Back