Hello strangers!!!

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
Stagnant.

Not really. Well yes, but not in a negative or unhappy way just in a meh I can't really be bothered way.
But I KNOW I MUST continue. Regardless of whether the old brain fluid is flowing in the right direction or not.

Anyone else ever feel like this??

Its been around 6 and a half weeks now (minus the holiday and a few days of Jubilee celebrations)
I've lost 12.8lbs and only have around 5-6lbs to go.
I'm one of those people who NEVER sees things through to the end. I was lucky to have actually obtained my degree and graduated last summer- I was ready to ditch it in the second year. And on those rare occasions I DO finish something its such an awesome elation.

BUT

The finish line is a bit fluid I feel. For example the whole situation I had with deciding on a TW. The fact that the weight fluctuates so dramatically- ie I was 124.6 a couple of days ago and today I'm 125.8 :-/ - when will I know that I've reached 119lb for good?!
I guess that now my BMI is "normal weight" the pressure is off. Now that I am able to squeeeeeeeeeze into my 10's (the stretchy ones) the pressures off.

What do you lovelies do if you ever feel like this? I don't want to "give up" but my current attitude tells me that stopping now wouldn't be giving up because I'm not technically "overweight" anymore. God I sound like an idiot.

Anway- would be good to hear your own experiences..

Kimberly I feel your pain today!! I would say you definitely need to see it through. By following all the stages you will have a better chance of getting into the right frame of mind and be better equipped to keep the weight off. However if you feel happy with the current weight there's nothing stopping you moving up onto Conso stage and gradually introduce some other foods then if you find out later that you want to loose more you could maybe get back to cruise and ditch the last bit. For me is a very simple matter you need to ask yourself what is it that you want to achieve from this point on ? good luck with whatever you decide xx

Kimbalina!!! I was wondering where u went to! It is hard babes but keep going you have came this far!!! We all have off days but mines helps to pull out my wedding dress :) pop a picture you reaaaaalllly like on the fridge and keep saying I WILL look like this again. People say put a fat picture up but that always makes me worse so worth a try!

Chin up dear you will look fantabulous (even more than u do now) :) xxx

I definitely know how you feel. I have had several of those moments on my looooong journey to getting to a healthy weight and a decent fitness level. Sometimes it was about the weight loss and others it was about skipping gym sessions I dearly needed. It's taken me, what I would consider, a lengthy amount of time to get to a frame of mind where I could make a true and heart-felt attempt and although I've still had those "screw it, I'm fine here" thoughts I am so glad that I pushed past them.

I have a similar amount of weight left to lose and, even though I'm starting Consolidation on Friday, I would continue to lose those last pounds for a few personal reasons.
1. The accomplishment of finally doing it
2. The mental aid that reaching my TW will give to helping me maintain it.
3. I have no doubt that even those last 7lbs will add a considerable improvement to my shape, going on the recent lbs I've lost.
4. Knowing I'm healthy and out of all the risk zones I was previously in.

Like I said, those are my personal reasons :) And I will reach my TW and lose those last 7lbs. With my family visiting, I feel the safest way for me to continue to my target is to start Conso. I'll either lose the last weight in that phase or I'll re-enter Cruise after my family has gone home :D

If you feel you've entered a stagnant patch you can always try the "Dukan Blitz Operation". 4 days of Attack, extra water, at least an hour long brisk walk a day (or more exercise) and early bed. I think there's one or two other rules in the book too. :) I really helped me, although I had to do 5 days lol. My body is stubborn, but I'm more so :p

I've hit a very long stagnant patch. Over a month! If the scales don't budge tomorrow, I'll be really upset! I've tightened up and everything! x

Hi there

I know I'm still in Attack but I've done Dukan before and last time round I hit a spot just like this. I STS for a whole month. It was so depressing. But I went into conso and it was the best thing ever. The addition of a few new foods really helped with motivation and I continued to lose-albeit a bit more slowly

Best of luck with whatever you decide x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think its only natural to find it difficult at times, but the cruise stage is only the second phase of four. Even when we have got down to target weight its important to maintain it and keep learning how to keep off the weight and by becoming complacent we put at risk all our good work and in my case putting the weight back on and more. The easy part is losing the difficult part is maintaining and not becoming complacent and returning to old eating habits.

Good luck in whatever you decide. Cx

Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts/ feelings / experiences.

I sort of came off the track at the weekend- I guess my meh-ness took over and I really enjoyed some treats. But I'm back on it and determined again. I can see this relaxing-from-the-diet-at-the-weekend becoming a recurring theme though so must nip it in the bud pronto.
I will see what Mr. Scale says tomorrow.

I think that I'll take your advice of putting a "thin-me" and possibly a "fat-me" picture up somewhere prominent like the fridge Jan. Had some friends take some awful photos of me this weekend- I looked like a baker all the rolls and muffins and god knows what else pouring out of my clothes. Think this has spurred me on again too.
And Silver- I've noticed how much exercise has driven you through your journey and have decided that this week it shall begin. The dreaded E at the dreaded G.
*Shudder*

Thanks again everyone xxx

I know this probably isn't most best thing to say... my boufriends trainer once told him that a 'treat weekend' or day can boost metabolism so it may help? :) glad you're getting back on track and determined!

I know this probably isn't most best thing to say... my boufriends trainer once told him that a 'treat weekend' or day can boost metabolism so it may help? :) glad you're getting back on track and determined!

I LOVE YOU DEECE!! hahaaaaa
Lol. No- I'm not to listen to that sound little piece of info. But yes- determination shall ensue!
May tomorrow be a successful day for us all! xxx

Yes- so I weighed 2.2lbs heavier than Friday today.
But I'm back on it so who gives a damn eh.

Have a great day ladies xxx

Don't worry about the scales for a short while, just keep your head down and keep focused. Soon you will be on track again. hugs xx

One day on PP and I weighed 2.6lb LESS than yesterday this morning.
Think drowning my body in water helped. Now I'm focused I think I'm going to take your advice passionflower and leave the scales alone (I do weigh every day usually!) Its just a number right? What counts is that my work trousers are too big for me! Lol :)

Have a great day everyone xxx

Back