Hello...SW newbie here :)

Emmie88

Hi all,

I'm Emmie, I'm 27 and I'm from Ireland.

I've tried slimming world numerous times before but it's never really worked for me, mainly because I never really gave it a chance. Ive decided to start it again but really go for it this time. I don't go to the group but my Mam does so I have all the books but I'm missing the support of a group and that is why I'm here.

My weigh in is a thursday (same as my mams) I started SW last week at a starting weight of 15st6.8lbs and I've lost 2.8 lbs since then.

To be honest I was actually a bit disappointed at this. But I've been eating some really nice food this week. All healthy meals that I've enjoyed ( I'm such a fussy eater so finding things I like is tough) and I've made a loss. I can't not be happy with that :)

Hi i'm Stacey, i'm new to Slimming World too and doing it alone, not going to group. Good luck with your journey just remember, every loss no matter what the amount is a step in the right direction :)

Welcome Emmie88 to MiniMins:)

I have moved your thread here to the SW forum as it will get more attention here and I have left a redirect.

2.8lbs is a good loss and I know it can be a bit disheartening when you see others get much higher results in the first week but those high results often reflect water weight that a person was retaining before starting healthy eating.

It is great to have your Mam supporting you...will you weigh in on the same day as her?

If you start a diary it will give other members a place to pop by and lend their support and if you need any help please ask:)

Hi i'm Stacey, i'm new to Slimming World too and doing it alone, not going to group. Good luck with your journey just remember, every loss no matter what the amount is a step in the right direction :)
Hi Stacey,
Thanks you don't know how much better that made me feel. I've a lot to lose and can get easily frustrated. But I know it's not the way to look at things. Any loss is a loss and I know there will be some weeks I might even have a gain. Just have to keep in mind it's a long process and I just have to stick with it :)

Hi Stacey,
Thanks you don't know how much better that made me feel. I've a lot to lose and can get easily frustrated. But I know it's not the way to look at things. Any loss is a loss and I know there will be some weeks I might even have a gain. Just have to keep in mind it's a long process and I just have to stick with it :)

I'm glad it made you feel better :) i struggle a lot too, there's 6 people in my house and i'm the only one trying to lose weight and there's constantly cakes and baking floating around in the kitchen. I know i get frustrated at myself when i give in too easily to temptation but it's just a case of wiping the slate clean and getting back on track. It is a long process i agree, but i just try to keep in mind how much better and more confident i think i will feel with myself as i make my way closer to my goal, i'm looking forward to follow your journey :):)

Back