Hello there! *waves*

If it's going off in your head, is it habit, or psychological, rather than physical? Just devil's advocating... Especially if you started the shakes today? is it exacerbated by anxiety about not eating?

Also, if you do go for the noodles, aim for 'just enough', rather than 'full'. A VLCD will sometimes leave you intermittently a bit hungry (it is not the easiest route), but it comes and goes, is a natural state and and it's not harmful - we were meant to be occasionally hungry while we hunt down and prepare the next wilderbeest, or whatever. We're so used to being 'full' that I think we (as a 21st century population, generally) panic when we're not. Sorry, getting philosophical. ;)

I was rather hungry when I got home, but then realised I had only had about 350 cals all day, so it was no wonder...

If you haven't done already - early night? :)

Yes I'm sure it's all just habit - and the whole "I must eat even when Im not hungry" thing - which is hard to unlearn - but I'm hoping the counseller (tomorrow after work) will help with that.

I'm much more disciplined at work, because I tend not to snack and just have the meals I take - and I've told the others to rugby tackle me to the ground if they see me making a move to the food vans outside :D :D.

Yes I'm sure it's all just habit - and the whole "I must eat even when Im not hungry" thing - which is hard to unlearn - but I'm hoping the counseller (tomorrow after work) will help with that.

I'm much more disciplined at work, because I tend not to snack and just have the meals I take - and I've told the others to rugby tackle me to the ground if they see me making a move to the food vans outside :D :D.

Good for you. :) Enlist allies!

I tend to find work days easier - the routines and the general busy-ness keep things going. Have trouble knowing what to do with myself at weekends. I made starchy-vegetable-free carrot soup.

I hope all goes well with the counsellor and you 'click' with them. It is rather a brave and considered step to take, and you have our admiration, support, and frankly curiosity ;)

Ooh what was the soup like @Bagpuss1? I am always on the look out for soup recipes. So far I've not been able to beat curried butternut squash soup. Although not sure if butternut squash is low enough in carbs/Cals if doing vlcd or keto...it's quite sweet which makes me think it's not.

How has the start of your week gone?

@ladyfelsham I hope your time with a counsellor went well and will be helpful. Massive respect to you for going!

Back