Hello there!!

Rae

Hello there... A little introduction to me and my journey so far :D

My my name is rachel... 4 years ago I joined minimins and it helped me lose 5 stone in around 7 months. I kept the weight off for 3 years until I gave birth to my first child weighing in at a whopping 9lb7oz and I'd put 4 stone on along with that. Devastated to say the least. The first year of being a new mum was spent in and out if hospital after finally being diagnosed last Christmas with a kidney disease called IGA Nephropathy, where basically if I get any infection, virus or even stress on my body for some strange reason my body attacks my kidney and damages it slowly over time resulting in releasing blood and protein into my urine. Safe to stay it's been pretty difficult at times with a new baby and a debilitating condition. That being said I was never able to lose the baby weight due to being too poorly to concentrate on diets. However back in February my consultant clearly pointed out the correlation between being overweight and diabetes and how that strongly affects the kidneys function. So to basically attempt to lose weight. I wasn't obese but I was still at risk. He knew it was baby weight so didn't push me but I was determined to show them I could do it.

So, doing my own kind of low carb Atkins based diet I have since March lost nearly 60 lbs just over 4 stone. However, since around August I have been stuck on the same number, will not budge. I am determined to lose this last stone and a half quickly and efficiently. No cheat days or dilly dallying. She says lol.

I have chosen exante as I have a few friends on here who have loved it and done incredibly on it. They've said as long as you have the determination to stick it out its tough but works miracles. I know myself nice I get into that blissful ketosis bubble I'll be fine it's just that first 4/5 days that's super tough for me. That's when I'll be coming to you guys at 1am telling me not to raid the snack cupboard. When I binge, I truly binge, no expense spared!

Ill be be looking for lots of tips and help along the way as I've never done a regimented structured diet plan before, always just done my own thing however I'm desperate to hear your advice and own success stories too.

I hope to get to know you all over the new few months as I have with other members and hope I can help some of you along your own little journey :)

p.s if you read this whole thing 10 points for you!!! I talk a lot sorry!!

rach xxxxx

Gosh late to the party but welcome Rachel. This site is so supporting. Hope your first week went well xxxc

Hi Rae! I'm a huge Atkins fan also - maintained on it for over two years. I lost two stones over the summer on a VLCD but switched back to Atkins to lose the last stone. However I've been stuck at the same weight for a month, and am considering going back on VLCD again just to shift it quicker. It'll break my heart to stop all the lovely food, but I think it works best for me as a maintenance. Hopefully I'll see you back on the Atkins forum in a few weeks anyway! :)

Back