Hello There

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MoominOverTheMoon, 25 January 2014 Social URL.

1. MoominOverTheMoon

MoominOverTheMoon Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    A big Hello to everyone! :)

I've joined as I have decided to take my head out of the sand and start tackling my weight issue.

I could probably write my own thesis with the amount of books and information I have read over the last 10 years about loosing weight. Problem is I've never followed any of it! I started to put on weight in my late teens/early 20's due to binge eating, as a means of coping with low mood. I lost 4st in my mid 20's, but this was due to anxiety and agitation. Then and then a couple of years ago, I put it all back on plus more! I turned 30 this year and I've decided I do not want to spend the next 10 years of my life being unhappy. The reality is, I've never had a healthy relationship with my diet or weight. I want to say goodbye to emotional eating and weight gain as they really are rubbish friends!:p

I also have PCOS which has contributed to the weight gain and feeling miserable :cry: I am hoping to get back on Dianette to help with various symptoms, but my BMI is currently too high. I've had a telephone conversation with a Cambridge Diet consultant and I'm looking to starting on the CD in the next week. I've read all the pros and cons to doing a VLCD, but there is some research out there to suggest that it can help with insulin resistance, which is a feature of PCOS.

I'm determined to start my weight loss journey and I look forward to meeting like minded peeps on the way! Becka x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi there and welcome. I too have PCOS and know how hard it can make your weight loss journey. Good luck on your journey x
  4. Smuffin

Smuffin Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World Online
    Many people seem to have a lot of success with CD, and I don't actually think I've seen anyone say they haven't lost with it, so best of luck hun :) xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.