1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello There

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MoominOverTheMoon, 25 January 2014 Social URL.

1. A big Hello to everyone! :)

I've joined as I have decided to take my head out of the sand and start tackling my weight issue.

I could probably write my own thesis with the amount of books and information I have read over the last 10 years about loosing weight. Problem is I've never followed any of it! I started to put on weight in my late teens/early 20's due to binge eating, as a means of coping with low mood. I lost 4st in my mid 20's, but this was due to anxiety and agitation. Then and then a couple of years ago, I put it all back on plus more! I turned 30 this year and I've decided I do not want to spend the next 10 years of my life being unhappy. The reality is, I've never had a healthy relationship with my diet or weight. I want to say goodbye to emotional eating and weight gain as they really are rubbish friends!:p

I also have PCOS which has contributed to the weight gain and feeling miserable :cry: I am hoping to get back on Dianette to help with various symptoms, but my BMI is currently too high. I've had a telephone conversation with a Cambridge Diet consultant and I'm looking to starting on the CD in the next week. I've read all the pros and cons to doing a VLCD, but there is some research out there to suggest that it can help with insulin resistance, which is a feature of PCOS.

I'm determined to start my weight loss journey and I look forward to meeting like minded peeps on the way! Becka x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. alibalibee

alibalibee gym bunny

Hi there and welcome. I too have PCOS and know how hard it can make your weight loss journey. Good luck on your journey x

4. Smuffin

Smuffin Well-Known Member

Many people seem to have a lot of success with CD, and I don't actually think I've seen anyone say they haven't lost with it, so best of luck hun :) xx