Hello to all

justthe2ofus

Firstly may we wish you all a very happy new year!

Well its a new year so its gonna be a new us, we have just contacted our CDC and picking up our packs tomorrow we both have a lot of weight to lose and not kidding ourselves its gonna take a while to lose, I mean lets face it, it didnt take us a few mins to put this weight on so lets take it one day at a time.
Is there anyone else starting at the same time??
We both started CD last year but after a few false starts gave up and are now going full fledge and mega willpower to start SS and day one all over for the last time.
Anyone here from the discovery health forum?

All the best

Hi A&J
I started off on the DH forum back in March 2006 - don't know if you remember me.

I'm restarting CD Jan 2nd (later this morning: I'm a bit of an insomniac at the moment!). I did six months SSing straight and then things started going a bit wobbly in the seventh month. I took a break for three weeks over Christmas and am ready to have another go to complete my journey.

Nice to see you here: looking forward to sharing your journey with you. :)

Hiya A&J

I have started today, first shake wasnt too bad (banana) and have managed 2ltrs of water already today.. my loo seat is staying warm!! :D

I have decided to start a diary today.. just for somewhere to moan to myself, remind myself why I am doing this and to track my progress.. I also got my tripod & camera out last night and took front/back and side photos and have made a pc desktop picture from them with a huge text title 'This is the last time I will look like this!!'.. I spend my life on my PC so this will be a constant reminder of why I am doing CD

Sending you both willpower vibes, and wish you great success with CD

Hello Debbie I remember you from DH you gave me a lot of inspiration. Thanks for that we will get there. You have done amazingly well done to you.
Thanks again Karen, Angela, charmed, D_Q and Geri, nice to meet you all.
Will let you all know how well we do in the weigh in next Thursday keeping fingers crossed!!
Take care all.

As you can see I lost 8lbs in my first week of cd yay!!
I am well impressed first time I lost that much and it was in only 5 days.
Due to be weighed again next friday so its a bit longer 9 days so should have lost a bit more by then,
If I can do it anyone can so good luck to all.

All the best

Well done - great weight loss in only 5 days ..

Yay another 12 lbs down I cant believe it!!!!
I got weighed on friday but couldnot get online until today to update, but Im feeling well good.
I know that the weight loss is going to slow down now but Im prepared for that my first stone gone and Im on my way for the next.
J has lost an amazing 7 lb too but is finding it harder than me.
By the way is it normal to feel so cold?? I turned my heating up last week and my freinds who come for coffee thoughtthey were in a greenhouse?? lol
Anyway all the best to all and good luck on your weight loss journeys.

Thats a fantastic weight loss - congratulations :D

Keep up the hard work

Lenny

Yay another 12 lbs down I cant believe it!!!!
I got weighed on friday but couldnot get online until today to update, but Im feeling well good.
I know that the weight loss is going to slow down now but Im prepared for that my first stone gone and Im on my way for the next.
J has lost an amazing 7 lb too but is finding it harder than me.
By the way is it normal to feel so cold?? I turned my heating up last week and my freinds who come for coffee thoughtthey were in a greenhouse?? lol
Anyway all the best to all and good luck on your weight loss journeys.

Hi, just spotted your thread :D Well done on your losses! Absolutely Fantastic! :eek:

Yes, it is normal to feel so cold! :( One of the side effects of ketosis is being cold.. I wear gloves almost 24/7 now.. lol.. and I have never worn so many layers of clothes too..;) :D

Good luck as you continue your journey, although you won't need luck, just grit determination and support :D , am sure (based on what you've said) that you both have heaps of all of those so you are onto a fab winning streak!

2007 - this is your (and all of our) year! :D :D

Fantastic weight loss - and yes the feeling cold is a side effect of the ketosis .... one I'd forgotten until yesterday!!!

Well done and keep updating us on your progress.

Hello there,
Thankyou for that fair and I must admit Im investing in some gloves never been so cold lol. You have done amazing losing 72 lbs too bet you feel loads better for that?
Thanks to you as well Beverley well done on your weight loss too after even 18lbs I feel slimmer!! Or is it just the idea lol my clothes dont feel any loser yet??
But I know we will get there and this summer when I get on that plane for the first time I must say I will be happy never been abroad and what a place to go.
At least I can put on a swimsuit and sit without feeling like a beached whale (sorry but thats how I feel) and think everyone is looking at me.
Ok moan over!
Good luck to all and keep the losses coming your all doing fantastic.
All the best

Last edited:
Hello there,
Thankyou for that fair and I must admit Im investing in some gloves never been so cold lol. You have done amazing losing 72 lbs too bet you feel loads better for that?

I can't describe how much better I feel! It's incredible and you will be the same.. so much more energy, wanting to grab life and live it to the full! :D Gloves are good! As are scarves.. lol

But I know we will get there and this summer when I get on that plane for the first time I must say I will be happy never been abroad and what a place to go.
At least I can put on a swimsuit and sit without feeling like a beached whale (sorry but thats how I feel) and think everyone is looking at me.

By the summer you will have lost so much weight! I understand the beached whale comment and I still wouldn't be caught dead in a cozzy (although abroad I wouldn't care quite so much as everyone is a stranger I'd be unlikely to meet again in my lifetime! lol)

You are going to have such a fabulous time and with your new found energy it will be even better! :D

Back