Hello to everyone

tina67

Hello to everyone :wavey:

I am new to the forum but like most not new to trying to lose weight. In fact my weight has barely gone down in the last 23 yrs only up. Of course there have been times when i have lost the odd stone but i soon give up and go back to old habits.

Although i have been given Xenical and a leaflet about having a low fat diet there are no facts and figures.

I am in week two at the moment and no weak moments to start with but they are being now. I am hoping to gain some new tips from all who have already posted.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome :)
How are you finding the Xenical? You don't mention any side-effects so I assume you're finding them okay?
You're right - a low fat diet is a must with Xenical, you're aiming for no more than 5g of fat per 100g on the packet, and no more than 15g total for each meal. If you stick to that rule, you shouldn't have any problems.
My other big piece of advice is to drink LOADS of water. You can add squash to it if you want to, but just make sure you keep drinking (2-3 litres is ideal if you can manage it). Constipation can be a little bit of an issue at the beginning with Xenical, so the water will help with that, and it'll also help you feel fuller for longer.

If you're finding that you're getting more weak moments, or that you're more tempted to 'cheat', make sure you've got lots of things in that you can treat yourself to without causing any harm. These are some of my favourite treats: Sugar-free Jelly, Mini Milk lollies, WW deserts, SnackaJacks, Alpen Light bars, mini boxes of raisins, crispbread with Laughing Cow Light, fruit, Curly Wurlys.

And as far as meals go, make sure you bulk up your meals with lots of veg/salad if you can, and don't use oil to cook with. Perhaps try Quorn products in things like bolognese/chilli to keep it low-fat.
I eat a lot of WW/Supermarket own brand low-fat meals, but I always bulk them up with extra veg or salad so I don't feel deprived. I also have stir frys, jacket potatoes and 'roast' dinners (subsituting the roast meat for a grilled pork chop or similar).

And most of all - keep posting on here, and read as many posts/diaries as you can for inspiration. I find that when I'm tempted to head for the kitchen, it really does help to read a few diaries. Partly because it distracts me until it's actually time to eat, and partly because I want to do as well as everybody else!

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me!
Wishing you the best of luck with your goals :) x

Hello and welcome :)

Alex has explained everything very clearly, she's a clever woman and knows what she is talking about :D

I have nothing to add, just want to wish you well, keep posting, everyone on here are friendly and all in the same boat.

I look forward to chatting with you.

thank you xx

Phew didn't think anyone would answer at first,lol.I am not sure of my weight as i was so shocked in the doctors i blocked it out. I start week 3 tomorrow and have a weigh in on the 19th of May so will post when i find out then.

Alex thank you for reminding to drink more fluid,i am sure its because i am not drinking as much as i was in the first week is leading me to want to stray.I have had no side affects as of yet. Mainly because i am too scared f having an accident. :eek:
I am so grateful to you for mentioning the laughing cow triangles i so crave a piece of cheese and i am sure that will curb it.
CURLY WURLY---really ?????????
So much to take in and i need to make this work,i can't,wont fail xxx
I also joined due to taking my mind of having a snack,it worked,lol.

Where does everyone buy their WW meals from? I bought some from morrisons only to find they were much cheaper, a pound a meal/dessert in Iceland's. Also noticed the WW crisps in poundland this week.

Today i had;

Breakfast. two weetabix,skimmed milk and half teaspoon of sugar. Muller light yogurt.
Snack banana and apple
Two WW pitta bread, two slices of ham, cottage cheese (yuk) and cucumber
WW pizza and small bake potato with two dots of low calorie salad cream.

Was hungry today, need to increase my fluid intake.Why does it look loads when wrote down,lol?
Seems i like to ramble as well, lol.
Tina xxxx

Last edited:
CURLY WURLY---really ?????????
Well, Curly Wurlys will be outside of the 5% rule, so strictly speaking they're not allowed, but I've always been fine with them. Sorry, I shouldn't really have mentioned them as an 'allowed' treat. I've been taking Xenical off and on for so long that I'm probably a bit more blase about fat contents than I should be!

Where does everyone buy their WW meals from?
I tend to put them on my Tesco shopping order (I do online shopping) but when I've got time, and space in the freezer, I go to Farmfoods to stock up, because they tend to be only a pound there. They also do Alpen Light and Oatybars for £1 a box, and they're the lowest calorie cereal bars I've ever found.

Hello,
Today went so much better. I think because the weather was much nicer today.I have been to the allotment twice today carrying bits and pieces down there.Intend to do some work down there tomorrow. Also done lots of walking as well.Its great when the weather is nice......

How is everyone else doing?
I am worried as i have another 13 days till weigh in and as i can't remember how much i was at the start i am not sure if i have lost,i think i have but still not sure.
Today's menu;

5 rivitas with two lighter light laughing cow triangles.
Muller light yogurt.
WW lasagna with side salad.

I dont feel hungry so not going to push it, as for the last couple of days i have been hungry.

Back tomorrow Tina xxx

Hi Tina and I too am new to this forum and started my tablets on Tuesday and so far no side affects but my fat content each day seems so low as eating mostly chicken, salad, baked potatoes or new potatoes and also beetroot and branston which are all low in fat. Also in the evening I do enjoy an ice lolly and twisters are not only low in fat but low in calories.
Good luck to you

Hello Lucky50. I didn't have a clue about the fat content but i read on the Xenical page about how much i could have and got completely confused. Mainly because i read it so fast i didn't take it in proper,lol. This is my third week and so far i have been good ,very good. Was tempted during last week but the thought of messing myself was and is just too scary. I know my luck (with having 6 children 4 of them living at home and the other two visiting and the three grandchildren and the hubby) there would be someone in there ,lol.

I have had a binge so to speak but i missed a meal today and yesterday and i find the weekend harder so figured if i was full from the day before it might help rather than wake and have an early breakfast and feel hungry till the next meal.Not sure if it will work.

Today's meals;

Three whole toast , marmite
Chicken stir fry,no oil added,chow mein sauce
WW bag of tortilla, 5 cheese snack a jacks,
oops forgot the sugar free jelly.

I am not sure if i am having the right amount of fats or calories but i feel full.
No accidents ,phew!

These blue tabs seem to help me break with my snacking and i have had three meals on 7 out of 15 days.

Good luck to you as well Lucky50

Last edited:
Tina i think we are all different but I must admit last weekend just before I started taking my tablets I was so scared as heard some awful things about them. I started them Tuesday so I have had 5 days on them and I must admit I have been so good its unreal although tonight I had a curly wurly just as a treat. I have always hated the thought of pasta and not really tried it but tonight I had some with a low fat pasta sauce and the whole plate was 490 calories and only 4.4 fat and gosh did that fill me up and then a little while after had sugar free jelly which is only about 8 calories and trace fat topped with mullerlite yoghurt and I really feel as if I have had a binge but nothing there out of place (apart from curly wurly). Plus I still have about 100 calories spare so can't be bad. I do not get weighed for another 11 days so will have to wait to find out if the tablets are working. Keep us posted - Sue x

HI SUE ive been on xenical now for 5 months now and i have lost 28lbs xenical has been the best diet ive been on it learns you how to eat healthy but i must find foods that fill me up for a bit longer i might try pasta as well debbie x

I forgot yesterday food dairy;

2 X Weetabix, skimmed milk and the one sugar.
5 ryvita with two lighter laughing cow triangles and tomato.
1 n half jacket spuds and baked beans,half a tin.
an apple.

Yesterday was okay food wise, almost forgot my little blue tab but was within the hour so still took it.

Sue i am not sure how many calories i am meant to have...
I have 10 more days till i am weighed,so we will be weighed the same day. I am worried that i haven't lost enough, although i know i have lost 2 lbs i hope its more than that. But i wont feel to upset as i feel this diet is working i am not hungry as such.If i do think i am i just need to find something else to do then the thought goes away.

Debbie this tablet and the thought of the Tango Man visiting me is enough for me to change my habits. I know i can miss the blue tab out but some on here are saying the effects can last a few days so i am not going to knowingly take a risk,lol

Again a day late but here is what i had yesterday;

breakfast the same as above,WW yogurt.
Dinner chicken, new potatoes and veg, Yorkshire pud.
5 snack a jacks
1pt ww TORTILIA Nacho cheese

Tina - I weigh in for first time since starting tablets with the nurse on 20th but might just have a quick peak on mine in the morning. I must admit I am worried about Tango man visiting lol. I am going out for a meal Friday night but will be as good as I can but at least I am off for 2 days if I have an accident

Have you tried the vegetables frozen in little bags, you can microwave them and they aren't bad (carrots a little hard) but with a ww meal they are yummy then for afters I have fruit (fresh or tinned in own juice) 100g with fat free jelly covered in mullerlight and you should see the size of the bowlful, makes me feel guilty but all of it is only about 150 calories and you can make it do 2 afters at 75 calories each.

Keep up the good work and will catch you later - Sue x

Thanks for the idea Sue. I am gonna try it later.
Haven't been on for a while due to not getting my head round this not more than 5gram fat per 100 gram. but each meal to be less than 15 grams.
Is it less than 15 grams per the meal but under 5 grams per 100, oh shoot gone and confused meself again.
I have been good , no visits as of yet. The only thing is i had a night out and i stuck to the Vodka and diet coke but got into so much trouble.......it doesn't seem to agree with me so i need to find some diet Bulmers makes me so much nicer. It was so out of character they thought my drink might have been spiked but it wasn't.
Anyways i am getting weighed on Wednesday.
I have a feeling i have lost the wii fit was saying 16 st 2. I am sure the scales at the doctors said 17 something but i cannot remember as i have said before it was a huge shock.

Tina xx

Hi Tina - you can get low-cal Magners you know. It's about 100cals for a bottle (but not the really big bottles that you get in most pubs). I have some in the fridge :)

As far as the Xenical rules go, this is how it works:

First of all, decide what you want to eat. Look at the packet, and if it contains no more than 5g per 100g of food, then it's passed the first test.
Then decide how much of it you're going to eat, and work out whether that will tip you over 15g of fat for the whole meal. If not, you're OK :)

So say you had a bag of oven chips that are 3g of fat per 100g (I've no idea what they actually are!).
You decide you're going to eat 300g worth, so the total amount of fat would be 9g for all your chips, which is well within the Xenical rule.

Say if you decided you're going to eat 600g worth, even though the chips themselves are still only 3g of fat per 100g, you'd actually be consuming 18g of fat in one go, which would be too much for one meal.

A lot of ready meals will give you the fat content per 100g AND per pack, so you don't always have to do the calculations yourself.

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you Alex, i think i have it now,lol. I am so bad when it comes to numbers.

ON A HUGE PLUS NOTE !!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I WEIGHED 17 STONE 8 LBS ON THE START OF MY JOURNEY I NOW WEIGH .........................16 ST.1 LB

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I NEED A TICKER THING LOL.......

Back