1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello to everyone!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by WentBoom, 31 January 2014 Social URL.

1. WentBoom

WentBoom New Member

Hi all, new guy here.

About 3 years ago I lost 4 stone on a combination of SW and WW. Fast forward to now, and gradually the weight has been creeping back on,and I'm pretty sure I'm heavier than when I started (havent had the nerve to get back on the scales yet though).

For the last few months I've been trying to get myself back into losing weight but I just can't seem to get into the right mindset. I've tried a couple of different methods but to no avail, I don't want to do SW or WW this time because I don't want to pay (I've 3 young kids and they're not cheap!). My wife has had amazing success loosing her baby weight from our last baby by doing Atkins, I tried it but after 2 days she found me eating toast at 2am!

So when I was googling I found this site, and it seems like a pretty great place, and maybe it'll help give me the motivation to get myself back on track again!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. twiglets84

twiglets84 Full Member

I'm new to here too and lacking a little motivation at the mo! However last year I did lose 3 stone 5lb, I've put 6lb back on since Xmas but its slowly slowly coming off again! This was baby weight..

I used slimming world but go to group every week... Have you thought about joining a group? Getting on scales in front of someone is what makes me want to keep losing weight alone... plus the support you get from the group, I really think it is worth the money, if it wasn't for group I'd cheat because I only have myself to answer to! I'm my experience, you need to pick a diet that you can see yourself doing forever... it needs to be a lifestyle change.. I did weight watchers before but found when I got to target I was still obsessed with points and would often binge because I was so hungry all the time. Sw is not like that, I never feel hungry.

Good luck, you've done it before.. Just need to find the right mindset to do it again and keep it off!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.