Hello *waves* Newbie!

hjc77

Hi all, I just wanted to join this forum and say hello!

I'm new-ish to the forum but not new to Paleo/PB! I joined MM 2yrs ago when I tried the Lipotrim/Exante Diet. I did ok on it but it lead me into the world of Low Carb and doing lots of research. I came across MDA and I had that "eurika!" moment where you think to yourself "Of course!!! THIS is sensible and makes perfect sense!!!" So I'm a PB-er more than Paleo but study both cos they're so interlinked.

Going Primal helped me to get off anti-depressants, increase my energy and mood and feel soooo much better - and loose body fat/increase muscle!! Unfortunately life has thrown a few ups and downs to me recently so altho I had long periods of being PB over the last 2yrs, I've also had bits in between that weren't. The last 8mths haven't been good for me - I've suffered 3 miscarriages (after 2 normal, healthy pregnancies??!!) so it completely threw me off the wagon.... I'm still grieving/sorting out my mental health at the mo but I know one of the best things I could do would be to get back onto PB, start exercising again and make myself better from the inside out! I've gained 1st4lb over the course of my mc's so need to shift that (and a bit more!) but above all I just want to feel "well" again! I will get there, it's just finding the strength and mental focus but I'm starting by reading MDA/forums again to get me motivated and remind me of how good this way of life (don't like to call it diet) really is! I don't think we'll be ttc again so it will be good for me to have this as my new focus/project.

So when I started googling yesterday I came across this forum and was so pleased to find a British forum for PB - cos as we all know, most of the stuff online (inc MDA) is very USA based so when there's talk of where to get supplies etc, it's irrelevent for us Brits! There is a group on MDA for the British but the last time I was on there it was quite slow cos obviously most are Americans.

So anyway, that's me! It will be great to chat to you and even tho I'm a newbie here, as I said, I've done lots of research into PB so maybe I could help some of you too!

H x

Hello!

I'm new too! :D

Hope you get the results you want, what sort of meals plans do you have for yourself?

Hiya, how u finding it?! It can take a lot to get used to!

I haven't started yet, just getting myself together and plan to start over next couple of wks.

When I did PB before, I'd start the day with a protein shake (made with coconut milk and water) then have meat & salad or soup for lunch or eggs/bacon/mushrooms. Then dinners didn't change much for me, meat and 2veg based. I did cut out potato for a while but I think I needed slightly higher carb for my depression so introduced it back in with no ill effect.

What about u? Found a favourite meal?!

H x

Hey H!

Going well, I did the VLCD for 2 weeks already, so I've not had to suffer with carb withdrawal this time! Thank God..

Funny you should say that as I just made a smoothy with coconut milk, water, ice, mixed berries.. was very nice! Bit too nice and now I feel like I've done something wrong lol.

So far I love having salads with bacon, prawns or salmon. Trying to limit the cheese intake a little.

So far so good, not got a favourite yet, trying to mix it up a bit each day so I don't get bored!

I just keep reading loads of info on primal/paleo and trying to work out what I'm doing haha.

x

Gee - yes, def just keep read read reading about PB - quite a lot to learn cos everyone has different experiences/results! I've spent hours over the last 2yrs reading books, MDA and the forums on there etc...always something new to read - and u can end up being quite well knowledged in bodily functions/nutrition!

Hi Cavegirl, as I said , Paleo/Pb isn't new to me but its good to be back! I'm more PB than Paleo but its all good! Glad i have some Brits to share my journey with on this forum!

H x

Back