Hello!

Saddlebag

Silver Member
Hello everyone!

I am Sophie and a serial dieter. I've given up with weight watchers, I can't do counting points anymore. Atkins worked for me when I was younger so I have decided to give it another try!

I am one week into induction and have lost a disappointing 2lbs. I went into ketosis quickly and am still there. Just not woken up feeling light yet! I haven't even cheated, not even once! :confused:

I have faith in the diet so will stick with it and will extend the induction period if needs be. I am determined to be 10 1/2 stone again!

Any tips greatly received, can't wait to wake up after a whoooooooooosh :D

Hi and :welcome2: Have you visited the atkins board yet? Loads of helpful advice there, look out for Jim, he's an atkins veteran and is maintaing at least a 10st loss!:D

Welcome Saddlebag!

Jim will be back this week, he's been on holiday. Inspiration to us all he is!

Stick with it like you said, when switching diets it sometimes takes a week to adjust. Everyone is different. Good luck!

Bren
X

Welcome Saddlebag!

Well done on your first weeks loss! We're a good bunch here and support each other through the good and bad.

Good luck on your journey! We're pretty much the same height/weight hun so i'll help chivvie you along x

Hi Sophie and welcome to Atkins and our Forum, stick with it! Have you read the stickies and how are you counting your carbs?

Hi guys, thank you so much for the welcome and your encouragement! :)

Jim, I have to admit... I guess how many carbs I am eating! I know I am bad :-(
I usually have a green salad with cucumber, string beans, a bit of onion or half a tomato. That will be about a handful, and with my evening meal. I also have some lumps of hard cheese throughout the day as snacks, maybe 2 thumbs in size. I've had no pasta, rice, bread, spuds, sugar or anything really super naughty.
If I don't have a salad I will just eat a lump of cucumber or some cabbage/ string beans/ spinach.

Hello Sophie

Love your 'haribo fiend' statement - I am also a fan (though avoiding them at the mo for obvious reasons!).

I only lost 1lb in my second week on induction, and was pretty disappointed, until I remembered that 'a loss is a loss' and that it's better than gaining 4lb or something! I am new to Atkins but everyone here is lovely and helpful and can answer lots of questions you might have. Good luck!

Thanks Hooya! I miss my Haribo, no more fangtastics for lunch :-(

Sophie on the original Atkins '72, the strict one, Tomato and Onion were prohibited on induction.

Aha! Thanks Jim! No more tomatoes and onions then for the time being, I will see how I go.

I panicked yesterday because my ketostick nearly stayed white! It has gone pink again today but I'm trying to jiggle things around to see what is stopping me losing. I have reduced cheese intake and have stopped fizzy pop because I have heard the sweeteners can prevent weight loss.

so can citrix Sohp, so you need to check for that as well.

I've cut out fizzy pop now too, just water for me now. My strip was a very light pink again this morning. I've still lost no more weight and to be honest I may have put some on! I can't understand why and it is getting me down - so much effort and no results :-(
I'm going to cut my carbs right down to try and work out what is causing it.

The best way is to just give it time, this diet sometimes takes a while to start working for you but it will work for you, don't keep reducing down what you are eating to make that happen sooner (unless you are eating the wrong things) or you will just lose heart and stop, remember the reason this diet is better than all others is that you can eat and still lose weight. The only time you start losing loads of weight early on is if you have not been doing any diet to begin with and as we all know the first week is misleading because it's mostly water retention loss that makes it look so good.

Guys try not to get too hung up on the ketostix and what colour they are. I have lost weight (and put some back on but that's a different thread) and lost inches and have never yet been in the pink even a tiny bit. But I have still lost. They are an indicator thats all.

I never bothered with the sticks to be honest, and you'll get different readings at different times of the day anyway Sophie

Thanks guys. Ketostix are going in the bottom bathroom drawer. I think they can do more harm than good - when they get lighter I lose heart. I will keep at it. You won't keep me away from my scales though :p

Get your ass over to the "Tyranny of scales" thread and confess all Sophie ;) :bolt:

Back