Hello :)))

NIKI

Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself as am probably going to need some help along the way!! My name's Niki and I joined SW 2 weeks ago (2nd weigh in tmrw).

Lost a 1lb in my first week but not suprising as was away with work on a conference and its so hard staying away from home to know how things have been cooked but a 1lb is a 1lb hoping to do better tmrw (fingers crossed).

So far the food seems to be ok and much easier to follow than Weight watchers that I did a few years back and got fed up of counting everything I ate - at least on SW if I'm hungry I can eat! Have tried a few of the recipes got a friend staying over on Friday night so going to do spaghetti bolognase for main and try a no flour/butter choclate cake for afters, luckily she has just found out she id pregnant so no alcohol (my BIG downfall).

Anyway was wondering if you could tell me your favourite EE recipes so I have some inspiration to keep on track.

Thanks

Niki x

Oooh please can I have the receipe (& syn value) for the flour/butterless cake pls?! :D
Sorry I don't do EE but I'm sure someone will have some fab receipes soon.

I haven't tried it yet but gonna give it a whirl on Friday - if worst happens got afridge full of the vanilla/choc sprinkle mullerlights - yummy x

Ingredients
9 syns for entire cake

6 large eggs seperated
2 oz of Splenda
2 oz of cocoa powder

Method
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f

Whisk the egg whites to the soft peak stage and set aside. Then place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl and whisk until they start to thicken, then add the splenda and continue to whisk until the mixture thickens slightly – but be careful not to get it too thick. Now mix the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture, if it gets too thick add a little of the egg white mixture. Next carefully cut and fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture – gently and thoroughly – then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake the cake on the centre shelf for 20-25 minutes until springy and puffy. When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven but leave it in the cake tin to cool it will shrink quite a bit as it cools but don’t worry, that’s normal).

Thanks, that's great :D
I always think food on EE is just items like shepherds pie, pasta & meatballs, chilli/curry & rice and the usual things you can't really mix without using some other topping/meat subsitute!

Good luck for your 2nd WI.

Well done on your first week's loss Hun...keep on track and you will see more heading in the right direction!

Back