Hello!

Well here I am, having yo-yo'd for far too many years now i've finally had enough now that i've peaked at 200lbs! The final straw happened to be seeing myself in some unapproved facebook photos where I discovered that I really have ballooned to the point of looking like a watermelon with legs!

So I searched the web and found minimins, which looks absolutely fantastic. I'm hoping to find a bit of moral support, and being ever optimistic i'm also hoping to eventually find someone willing to be a gym buddy in Cumbria as I know unless I have someone who'll actively go and keep me company I wont keep it up. Also hoping to find someone who'll be willing to go to a slimming club with me as it'll hopefully stop me joining my naturally skinny minny housemates on their nightly curry binges!

I have about 70lbs to lose to reach an upper ideal weight, with the aim of around 1-2lbs a week through exercising and making sure i'm ruthlessly honest with myself about what i'm eating, i'm hoping minimins will encourage me, especially with all the brilliant threads dealing with people who have stuck it out and lost the weight!

I'm not really sure what else to put, so hi!

:)

Hi Bubblicious!

Hope all goes to plan and you find ya gym buddie and a slimming club buddie... I'm sure you'll find loads of inspirational info and ideas on this site...

Take care...

Major

ooh curry! mmMmmMmm

hullo and welcome come in come in.

There is a great bundle of various plans here with lots of lovely people to chat to.

Have fun on your adventure to being healthy! :)

Welcome to the site, you'll find so useful info.

What other diet's have you tried & why did they fail. Maybe we can help you find a plan which will work for you?

I'm sure you'll soon find a buddy for exercise & diet meetings.

Have you thought about trying walking until you get a buddy, I walk in the evening & it's even better now the nights are drawing in; people have their lights on in the living room without drawing their curtains......great for a nosey person like me!

Hi! Thanks for the replies!

I've tried weight watchers before, and atkins [haha], simply healthy eating and exercise, and I know why i've failed each and every time. I've never commited myself, although I knew I should lose weight I was happy with myself as I was but then I was able to run around town without losing my breath. Following doing nothing other than sitting down and answering phones 7 days a week i've discovered that i'm not able to walk the mile to uni without working up a sweat and getting a bit breathless, not good!

I've been trying to get back into walking 10 miles a day, but at the moment i'm struggling with even the 5 miles to Carleton, it's pretty shocking really :eek:

Back