Hello

Eless

This site has popped up a few times when I have done searches online for WW points values for various foodstuffs, so I thought I may as well join. I have been doing WW for two weeks now myself.. and have lost 9lbs. I get weighed weekly by a guy I work with who is the only person who knows my weight (even I don't know it). However, I am a size 14 now so you get the idea. I don't go to a ww class I do most of it from memory and bits of info i can find online and have been incredibly strict.. I may actually be doing an old-style ww plan but it is working so I am not in a rush to change a system that I know works for me.

I find ww the easiest plan to follow and like the fact there are NO restrictions whatsoever on how you use your points..

I want to lose 35lb in total to start with and see how I go. But I have a deadline of 26th March to lose as much as I can and get as fit as I can. I have just strarted the couch to 5km running programme. I walk for about 40-50 each day (to and from work.. and it's a hilly one) and I do around 20-25 minutes of toning exercises on daily basis.

Anyway, hello ladies and gents

Thanks.. i lost 7lbs week one and 2lbs week 2 which disappointed me.

My weigh day is tomorrow (10am) I am hoping for at least 3 or 4lbs..

When I followed ww previously I was losing 3.5lbs per week it was pretty crazy!

Hi & well done on your losses so far

I lost a further 2lbs today but feel so annoyed with it as I thought I would have lost more. I have been incredibly strict - points values per day for the last week have been: 14, 11, 27, 7.5, 11, 8 & 14.5. I am not suffereing just eating a LOT more healthily and enjoying it.

Any tips on how to boost the weight loss?

Did you say they are your daily points ?

So one day you only had 7.5 points ?

If so therein lies your problem, you can only save 4 points per day and they HAVE to be used by the end of the week, for example if you are having a drink weekends or a takeaway

7.5 points is not enough to lose weight, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto every calorie you put in so you are shooting yourself in the foot really

Seriously try it for one week, eat all your points every day and you will be surprised at the losses

Yeah 7.5 points: I had a tesco chicken lasagne and salad that day and a muller light.. it's all I wanted though as I had had a few beers the night before.

I think I'll have to have a lamb madras or something this weekend to boost my points intake. :rolleyes:

That'll be the problem then

Brekfast is a must to kick start your metabolism and where is the milk/dairy intake for the day for calcium
Honestly that is not enough for one day and soon not only will the losses slow down you will start gaining i have seen it before with my mum
Even the old way of doing weight watchers was scientifically worked out so you get enough calories for your height and weight to make weight loss effective, im sorry to say if you are not sticking to the plan you are not actually doing weight watchers are you ?

Weight watchers say you should NEVER go below 14 points in any day no matter what your height/weight, its a dangerous level to be eating and no more than 4 points should be saved in any 1 day so how many are you ment to be having ?

I eat an apple every morning for breakfast but generally anyway I am not a breakfast person an apple is about all I can stomach in the morning. I am not going to drink milk for the sake of it.. I have it when i have tea but that's only 2 or 3 times a week. I do however take multivitamins & minerals daily and cod liver oil.

What I have basically done is change my diet to a diet full of fresh vegetables. I make soup every week, and eat salad and fresh vegetables daily. I am not eating small amounts, I am eating huge amounts of the right foods.. I could bulk up my intake with a bit more of the naughty stuff I suppose

Hi and welcome to the site congratulations on your weight loss, with the amout of exercise you are doing you should be eating more points, I agree with what vodaka999 said you will gain weight after a while, and that will get you down, dont make it to hard for yourself when you dont have to, when you get to goal you will make it hard for yourself to keep the weight off. good luck with your weight loss journey

Seems to have been good advice from everyone I have eaten my points this week and lost 4lbs.. and this despite that I *must* have water retention this week too. Hopefully I will get an equally good weightloss next Thursday

Back