Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hello

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by rugbykirsty87, 30 March 2010 Social URL.

1. rugbykirsty87

rugbykirsty87 Never Give Up

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers & Happiness
    Hi All, i thought i would come and join this forum too, if thats okay?

I have previously been on Reductil, so wasnt really watching my calorie intake (dopey i know), but ive been off them since January so im now watching my calories.

Im currently on 1300-1500 cals a day, using a 'points system' devised by my dietitan. Basically for every 100 calories is 1 point.

It works really well for me. I have lost 3 stone 1.5lbs since starting on my weight loss journey in August 09 and have lost 1 stone 1 stone 1.5lbs since calorie counting alone.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hey good luck with the weight loss - only ten pounds to go!

What difference does it make using the point system? So I guess you allow yourself between 13-15 points a day. Do you have certain 100 calorie foods that you stick to?

4. rugbykirsty87

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Hiya.

It much easier for me, as I round numbers up or to the nearest 500 calories. So for example. My breakfast Is usually Shreddies and Semi Skimmed Milk (40g serving is 175 cals) so I round that up to 2 points.

My 1 point things are usually Mullerlight Yogarts, Mini Rhyvitas, Rice Cakes, Bananas, Apples, Fridge Raiders Chicken Satay sachets.

Thankyou for the welcome

5. fat_to_fab

fat_to_fab Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi there!

I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss so far, absolutely amazing!

I have just recently started calorie counting & i am currently on 1200 calories a day!

xxx

6. rugbykirsty87

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Thankyou very much. How do u find being on 1200 a day? Do you struggle to find things to eat?

7. fat_to_fab

fat_to_fab Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hello again!

At the minute im actually not struggling & find it quite easy to stick to the 1200 calories. Ask me again in a week lol!

I will obviously include my daily food diarys on my post, but my days normally consist of cereal for breakfast, a ww soup for lunch and a healthy dinner, usually cod with new potatoes & vegetables which lots of fruit for snacks, which works out at about 1000 calories so im not doing too bad and enjoying the food that i eat.

xxx

8. rugbykirsty87

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    That sounds good. I think the key to losing weight is enjoying the food that you are eating x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.