Hello :-)

candyflee

Hello to everyone!

I'm here, like so many others, due to sheer and utter over-indulgence!!

My name is Candy and I'm mummy to two beautiful girls aged 4 and 6, we originally hail from the UK but currently living in Gibraltar, Spain, due to hubby's job.

Rewind the clock to 2007, I was a svelte 8st 7lbs stone, fit active and healthy. Fast forward to New Years Eve and I'm 10 stone 3lbs stone, unfit, unactive and not very healthy at all! The reason: way too much crap junk food, wine and virtually no exercise! Hubby also feels that he's overweight (though to me he's perfect as always :D) so we're both on a mission!

So far this last few weeks i've lost 4 lbs and been very motivated with working out etc. But there are times, especially late afternoon and in the evenings, when I get some de-motivated and stressed that all I want to do is reach for the biscuit tin!

Which is where this place comes in-am really hoping to glean a bit of motivation and encouragement from you lot!;)

Fingers crossed that by the time I go back in the summer I can fit back into my jeans!

Candy x

Looking forward to chatting to you all!

Good luck Candy, I'm thinking that snacking will be a problem for me too!! I'm going to my first sw meeting tomorrow night and I'm hoping for some ideas on free snacking other than fruit as i can see me getting bored of fruit as I always do!!
There are loads of great ideas on here, are you doing sw, ww or just your own healthy eating and cutting out bad foods?

Kelly x

Hiya, thanks for the replies!

It is a nice place to live though to be honest I'm a complete homebird and can't wait to move back lol! It's an experience for us all though, especially the kids-it's like a little gap year for us all!

I've done WW and SW in the past but struggle to stick to it, so righ tnow I'm just trying to calorie count and cut out the crap (for the past few years I've been having a love affair with white bread, cheese, wine and pasta!), eat more healthily and do regular exercise. I'm a keen runner and try to run 4 miles 3 times a week, as well as going to the gym a couple of times. x

Ment to say also that I'm trying to cut carbs in the evening and limit my alcohol intake to weekends only. I'll repeat the word trying!! If there's wine in the fridge I can't help myself but drink it!!

Hi Candy,good luck with your weightloss! I find that when the kids get back from school i'm peckish but i discovered this site 3 weeks ago and i just log on to here! it's working a treat so far!

That's usually the time I struggle the most, after school...the kids and hubby have been wondeing why we're having tea at 4.30 in the afternoon...lol

Back