Hello!

Whelpling

Well hello there!

28 year old woman here, full time student living in the UK. First day of the rest of my life today - for the final time!

I'm currently 233 lbs, goal weight is 130 lbs. So a long way to go, but a bunch of positivity and motivation to get me through. In a way, the fact that I managed to give up smoking two months ago with no help (total cold turkey) is boosting my confidence in my ability to do this. I think I have a little BED (binge eating disorder) to contend with - but hey, if I can give up a physically addictive drug all by myself, I can do anything, right?! RIGHT!

I'm doing low-cal (1200-1500 per day) and exercise to sift the pounds, and I'm going to be slim, fit and healthy by 2015 (when my partner and I are planning on getting pregnant).

So I have a couple of questions before I start...

I have been fat since I started taking steroids for asthma when I was 6/7. The asthma disappeared when i was 11/12, but alas the eating habits, reinforced by a mother who insisted I finish EVERYTHING on my plate at EVERY meal, had already taken hold. So basically, I don't KNOW what it's like to be thin...

Will I be more comfortable?
Will I really have more energy?
Will I sleep easier?
Will I be able to wear heels without sitting down all night?

And all that Jazz!!

Thank you in advance for any replies. And thank you all for the inspiration I've gotten over the last month or so of reading here. Keep it up, everyone!! :)

Thank you Irene!

6.4 lbs gone this week!

Yeah... so this didn't work out so well!

I considered starting a new account, but I guess there's some shame motivation in the admission of failure. I lapsed with this on a holiday after losing about 25 lbs, and put it all back on (almost - 231 today). I had all the excuses of course - my school schedule got hectic, I graduated, all that jazz.

Anyway, I have additional motivation this time. I'm 29 years old and my cholesterol level is high. Not overly so, but still... 29 with high cholesterol. No thanks. Also, I now have a fat graduation picture. Which irritates me immensely.

So for the sake of my health and my heart and my happiness - the 3 H's I guess - I'm back. And I'm not bloody leaving until I'm at goal. And by then I'll probably love everyone too much to leave.

It's not steroids' fault. It's not my mum's fault. The only person shoving food in my gob and avoiding moving - is me.

Hello again! :)

Hi chick, we're starting at a similar weight so I know how you're feeling......let go of the past and move forward one pound at a time........of course we can do this!!!!!!

I'm in the same boat as you.
Lost four stone, have plenty more to go, but got ask lazy and gained a stone since the start of the summer.

Just have to let it go and get on with it again.

You'll do great! :)

hello, liked your posts! i too lapsed and packed pounds back on when friends came to stay. it feels a bit like snakes and ladders, doesn't it - landing on a snake and having to climb all that way back up again. it sucks!

I am now looking to shed a couple of stone before christmas. my original deadline was "by the end of the summer", but apparently weight doesn't get lost so easily when you finally decide to tackle it in your late 30's, and visitors - well, they just wreck everything, don't they! I've managed to lose 9 pounds in about 2 months, which to me feels pretty pathetic really. But I guess I should be glad about it. I don't mean to sound like Eeyore, but I think I just expected pounds to budge more easily. I'm struggling to accept that I have to possibly work EVEN HARDER at the gym to get rid of it this time. I've got at least 3 stone to lose. I started out at 16 stone 6, and I'm now 15 stone 10. My old weight before I had my two kids was around 160, 165, and I was happy with that. I believe that's around 12 stone. So, long way to go.

I'm a single mum of two who works from home on a computer sitting on my tush all day. Up until 2 months ago, I had nobody to watch the kids and no hope of making it to the gym. Now my mum is helping me (i just moved back to england from the U.S.) and I'm finally tackling this problem. I too have high cholesterol. I'm doing weightwatchers, and really trying to force myself to write everything down. LIke, every bite. half a sausage from a kid's plate. 2 ritz crackers. and so on.. that's what does the damage. it's so horrifying to see it all on the screen!

i wish you well with your efforts, and hope you're back on track and feeling good. I'm here if you'd like to chat!

Frankie

Back