Hello!!

jabba

Hi there, I'm new & not following a formalised diet plan as such. At the moment, I'm trying to improve the quality of what I eat & eat more regularly as I've gotten into the bad habit of not eating till the afternoon & then eating loads of junk :sigh:

I may have lost some weight last week when I started trying to improve what I was eating, but only weighed myself today on the wii.

I've started trying to go for a brisk walk & hope that I can perhaps build up to running using a customised version of Couch25k!

I weighed in at 102Kg today :cry:at a height of 5' 6, that's a BMI in excess of 36. I'm 43 & have yo-yoed when younger but never had a BMI more than 27/8 then. I've been overweight/obese for over 11 years now & although disgusted with how I look, haven't really applied myself to doing anything about it.

So much to lose & would of course would love it to happen quickly but know that too much restriction will be counter-productive in the long run!

Anyway, look forward to getting to know some of you on the boards!

Good luck to you! I'm in the same habit of waiting until afternoon to eat and then chowing down!

It took all my effort to get up 15 minutes earlier the other day and make breakfast! I'm sure it'll get easier :s

Jabba I feel in the same position as you, I hate the way I look, my bmi is around 37 i think. I need to sort it...and we will!! everyone seems really positive here. Good luck hun x

You can do it!!!! I hate dieting, I live with a husband and 23 year old daughter who can eat what they like, my hubby is a dr too so frowns on being overweight!! Having said that he is very supportive but don't think he understands how hard it is!! This site is so good for being able to exchange ideas etc. Good luck to all x

That sounds just like me and my past eating habits. Good luck

Best of luck! Sounds like you already have the determination and know-how to succeed!! :-D

I seriously struggle with breakfast too, I just don't feel hungry in the mornings and find I have to force it down :-/ sure it'll become a habit soon though.

I read somewhere the other day that the real key to losing weight is simply to never, ever give up! Makes sense to me :)

Xx

7lb down 25lb to go!! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Got sick of ploughing through the stickys, so being lazy & asking if we're allowed tickers etc yet? I'm generally not a fan of tickers/avatars on other fora I've been on, but think the visual count down would be really handy on here!

Back