Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is Joe, I'm 21 and I've been at Slimming World for 3 weeks now, already losing 5 and a half pounds in the process. I'm a website developer working in Colchester, something which I've been working towards for a year and a half.

I've joined SW for a quite a few reasons really. Countless people have asked why I'm on a diet when I don't look overweight or anything, but I felt unhealthy and I could feel myself getting larger. I was over 16 stone when I joined, not exactly a healthy weight, and was classed 'obese' by my BMI. My job involves a lot of sitting down at a desk with a computer, which could contribute hugely towards a future weight problem. I was hesitant to join a diet because I assumed it would be a strict you-must-never-eat-this rulebook, but I decided to finally join when my girlfriend was advised by a doctor to go on a diet, and I wanted to encourage her as much as I could.

So, here I am! 2012 is already looking up for me, as I've been accepted to be a performer at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics on July 27th. I'm pretty shy and quiet, so the ceremony will force me to come out of my shell and be as great as I can be. Also I'll be walking around a lot, probably, so a nice healthy bit of exercise comes with it :]

Hi joe. I've recently joined SW and finding it great. Lost 7lb in my first week and couldn't believe it!! You literally can eat whatever u want!
I joined slimming world as I have tried countless diets before and nothing worked. I'm motivated to really go for it this year and I think this site is gonna help me! So many good tips and recipes on it!! ?

I know right! Quite a lot of recipes that I'll hopefully be trying soon, but also a good community vibe to be honest, both at the club and on here. All the best for your weight loss :]

Hi and :welcome2: to you both.

Congratulations to you both too for your fantastic weight losses so far...:D

SW helps with lifestyle changes as well as weight loss. It promotes a healthier way of eating and therefore has to have benefits plus!

Good luck to both of you on your weight loss journeys! :scale:

Back