Hello :)

WelshSwan

Thought I would post here as I definitely fall under the category of having a lot of weight to lose unfortunately :( My name is Delyth and I am 26 years old and as you can see from my weight, I desperately need to lose the pounds. I am currently doing Slim and Save and I have reached Day 4 with no blips as I am determined to at least lose a couple of stone on this diet before moving to a low carb plan to shift the rest of the weight. I've set my goal as 10stone to lose at the moment as 15 just seems like a huge mountain to climb so I want to break it down. In my mind if I lose a couple of stone that would be amazing considering how I never seem to stick to diets, somehow though this time things seem to have finally clicked.

I guess it's because I am approaching thirty and I want to actually have a life! I want to chase after my niece without getting breathless and walk a few paces without sweating, and of course I want to shop in more trendy places, plus shopping in the 'normal' section in New Look would make me do bloody cartwheels! :eek:

So there's my intro, I have gone on a bit too long as always! I will be weighing in on Friday! :)

Hello :eek:

I have a lot to lose as well - and I also weigh on Fridays and am on day 4 of a new diet!! Good luck :D

welcome welsh swan, I am sure you will find this part of minimins very helpful and supportive, I started on my diet ten weeks ago at 22 stone 5 lbs and through healthy eating and exercise have lost 2 stone 7 lbs in that time, it can be done and the support I have received on here has meant so much. This part of minimins is especially good if you have a lot of weight to lose as you feel you are in the company of others who also have alot to lose, you no longer feel as isolated and alone something I did before. I look forward to seeing how you are getting on, Em xx

welcome welsh swan, I am sure you will find this part of minimins very helpful and supportive, I started on my diet ten weeks ago at 22 stone 5 lbs and through healthy eating and exercise have lost 2 stone 7 lbs in that time, it can be done and the support I have received on here has meant so much. This part of minimins is especially good if you have a lot of weight to lose as you feel you are in the company of others who also have alot to lose, you no longer feel as isolated and alone something I did before. I look forward to seeing how you are getting on, Em xx

Wow hun you are doing so well! Well done! :) I am landed that there is a forum like this here as I don't feel all alone in being so huge and needing lots of weight off! Weigh in is on friday so I will update this thread with the result, I am so nervous!

^ yes, Friday soon... I have everything crossed!

Hey swan! I'm in the same boat at you, got loads to lose and what seems like a daunting task ahead of me. The reason i'm up at this time is that tomorrow is my first day and i'm terrified of standing on the scales! I'd love to be your diet buddy too if you'd be up for that :) xxx

Hi WS :wavey:

I could have written a lot of your post myself!! glad it's going well with sns, the lbs will shift quickly on that!

all the best!!

PR x

very true, its fab having a place to talk with those who also have a lot of weight to lose, no offence to anyone but I was finding it hard as on the whole people I know only have say two stone to lose at the most and I like had half my body weight to lose and so felt really depressed about it yet talking with those facing similar battles on here has certainly motivated me to keep going. Em x

very true, its fab having a place to talk with those who also have a lot of weight to lose, no offence to anyone but I was finding it hard as on the whole people I know only have say two stone to lose at the most and I like had half my body weight to lose and so felt really depressed about it yet talking with those facing similar battles on here has certainly motivated me to keep going. Em x

Hi glad I found this thread you have inspred me already. I have about 9 stone to lose in total but set my first major taget at 100 pounds just because it sounded good..
I have mini milestones to achieve too. One of which is to lose 4 stone before I go to NY at xmas and like you I want to do it by healthy eating and exercise. Seeing how much you have achieved in 10 weeks makes me believe it really could be possible.

Hey swan! I'm in the same boat at you, got loads to lose and what seems like a daunting task ahead of me. The reason i'm up at this time is that tomorrow is my first day and i'm terrified of standing on the scales! I'd love to be your diet buddy too if you'd be up for that :) xxx

Hi hun! I know that feeling :( I went into Boots to weigh last week and what made it worse is this woman came and stood right behind me waiting to use the scales, I was shielding the screen from her! lol Once that's over with, just think that things can only get better! And of course you can be my buddy! More the merrier! :) Good luck hun! xo

I know what you mean hun, I see some people wanting to lose a stone or two and I feel so jealous sometimes, even a bit grotesque because I think they must look at me and be horrified! Definitely let my weight get out of control due to various issues but I hope losing the weight will help with a lot of them, talking to people definitely helps :) xo

How did the weigh in go? I don't think I would be brave enough to do it at Boots - having to stand in the queue to be weighed at WW was bad enough... I do it in the bathroom, and the cat always comes and watches :confused: (Frankly, the cat is also on a diet. I discovered recently my neighbour had been feeding her in secret - which explains why she had rapidly expanded. Maybe I should make the cat weigh in as well :D)

Somehow I lost 9lb this week, which was a nice surprise. It's been really hard not to weigh myself every day, but it was worth it when I got on the scales this morning. I'm not fed up of the food yet, which is another surprise. Weekends are harder though, but I am determined to stay motivated!

Fingers crossed that you have also had a good first week x

How did the weigh in go? I don't think I would be brave enough to do it at Boots - having to stand in the queue to be weighed at WW was bad enough... I do it in the bathroom, and the cat always comes and watches :confused: (Frankly, the cat is also on a diet. I discovered recently my neighbour had been feeding her in secret - which explains why she had rapidly expanded. Maybe I should make the cat weigh in as well :D)

Somehow I lost 9lb this week, which was a nice surprise. It's been really hard not to weigh myself every day, but it was worth it when I got on the scales this morning. I'm not fed up of the food yet, which is another surprise. Weekends are harder though, but I am determined to stay motivated!

Fingers crossed that you have also had a good first week x

Congratulations hun that is fantastic! I confess, I did not weigh today, walked into Boots and there were loads of people milling around by the machine so I chickened out! I have no scales at home so went there last week now I have to go back to get an accurate reading! I am off to the football tomorrow and will be heading there again afterwards to weigh as we walk past it, my mam said she will stand behind me to stop people coming and looking! lmao

Aw well done hun! That's brilliant! :)

I think I would have done the same! Good plan to take your mum with you next time!

You could get some scales at home and weigh yourself in Boots on the same day to calibrate the scales - that way you wouldn't have to keep going to Boots but you wouldn't lose the accuracy thing... just a thought :)

I find weekends hard without work to distract me from not snacking. Arrgh. x

Back