Hello

Smamfa72

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and wanted to say thanks and well done to everyone.

I started on the 22nd August and I've lost 5.8 lbs so far but my calories have not really been down on the down days. I'm going to commit to the downs and stick to 500 if at all possible now that I've seen your stories and successes.

I am a nursery teacher in a large school and have been feeling a bit wobbly by the end of the day on restricted calories. I'm drinking plenty and then the trips to the loo become a problem!!!!! Any ideas about how to combat the dizzy? Thanks x

Hello and welcome, firstly well done on your loss so far x. Secondly if you are struggling with 500 try to bring them down slowly, give your body time to adjust. I would advise healthy wholesome food on DD s as far as possible, food you are going to get nutrtion from rather than empty calories. Are you eating throughout the day? I have Baxters minestrone soup on DD s 140 cals a tin but loads of veg and pasta in it so its filling, so too are the Batchelors pasta pot shots 166/177 cals per pot and Heinz pasta pouches are good too. Have a nosy around the DD ideas thread for suggestions x Something along those lines at lunchtime should see you through till hometime x

Thanks, I've been eating couscous, pasta and salads, too many carbs might be causing energy slumps, do I need to find more protein to stop the hungry feeling? I forgot to say I'm vegetarian so I'm going to try some beany/lentil soups. I have been spreading calories through the day. But still get through too many!!! Lol

Welcome,

One of my top tips would be to make you're own soup, maybe lentil and red pepper or something similar. I find I can make a really thick wholesome soup for about 50-80 calories a portion dependant on how hungry I am, I usually stick to a normal bowful of around 50cals and then go back for more about an hour later.

Its obviously really important to keep your hydration up on the DDs but don't overdo it, you don't want to dilute the nutrients you are getting too much.

Back