Hello

Ch3rrie

Hi everyone,
I am new here.
I have lots to loose. I always have had lots to loose but I always seem to block it out and end up eating a lot of crap.
I am so fed up. Fed up with the lack of control I have. Fed up with my life on the sofa. I have young children and I don't want them to grow up like I did.
I want to walk to school and not dread the hill. I don't want to feel like I can't be bothered to get up and do something.
I don't know why now, but I realised how much I hate myself and how much confidence and happiness I have lost because of it.
I have always, always been big so I guess I have grown up to be used to it.
Not anymore. I can't do this to myself or my family. Its not fair.

My problem is, what do I do? I've tried calorie control, low carb, weight watchers, slimming world. I want to try Cambridge but its too expensive and I would prefer a more permanent, eating and cooking plan as I need to relearn it all.
My mum and sister and Nana do slimming world and are doing it well. I dont know if in should try it again. I never went to the meetings so I could try. But I'll be so nervous and I might bottle it as I would have to gona alone.
Hope I am OK to write such a long, moaning first post!
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl - if you can't moan here where can you moan? lol

Welcome and whatever diet you choose the best of luck. If it was me I would start with SW again because that will retrain you into the types of food you should be eating. Are you too far away from your family to do it with them? If so you could join online if you are too shy to go alone (though loads of people probably feel the same and enjoy the fellowship from group once they go) There is a thread on here where people are doing SW from home. They are very supportive. At the moment I am doing a VLCD a bit like Cambridge - but I hate it and am going to do SW when my packs finish. Lots of people have great results with plans like that eg Slim and Save is similar but cheaper. I buy the dietimeals from Avidlite which do the same job. You have to decide what will work best for you - but while you do that and when you do there will be support on here for you.

Hi Cheryl

Good to see you here, an excellent first step to a new you :)

I'm fairly new on this part of the site too, but people are lovely and very encouraging! :)

Like you I've tried a lot of different approaches, but for me calorie counting, plus using My Fitness Pal, is working really well - I've lost 20lbs in four weeks - but everyone is different, and as Lass says, maybe give SW a go. Whatever you decide, this diary is all yours to pour out how you're feeling - and jump for joy when you see those pounds coming off :D

Susie

Thank you for the lovely welcomes :)
Good luck with SW when you start, Lass
Well done on your loss Susie!

It is possible for me to go to to the same SW club as my family, but it would mean a 30 minute journey as I cant drive. And with 2 young kids and a partner that works hospital hours, I can't guarantee that I could go every week. :(
The club near me is at 11am so I could go there with my youngest as my oldest child is in school. I think I need to suck up my nerves and go to the club as I think it would help me more to stay on track.
I am terrible at making decisions so it's taking me so long to decide!

Morning :)

I wouldn't worry about making a decision on it, hun, you can try it out and see how it goes, and if it doesn't seem to be working for you, then maybe try CC?

I would advise going to the club too, as you say, I think it's really good for keeping your focus. There's also a very active SW forum on here at Minimins. And don't be nervous about going along to the club - everyone will be really welcoming - whether they have a lot or a little to lose, they all know exactly what you're going through and will help you along - as will we :) xxx

I am going to go after Easter school holiday. :)

good luck cheryl xx

That would be nice lass :)
Thank you chezz :)

your more than welcome love we are all here to support you on your journey xx

Good luck - you are in the right place for support. We are all big boys and girls here and we are all on that long winding path to being much slimmer. I have about 150-170lb to lose in total (not sure exactly how much as I haven't weight less than 18 1/2 stone since I was 17, so no idea how I will look as the weight comes off! At last weigh in I had lost 61lb so far - 4st 5lb.

I am doing the Cambridge diet. It is the only diet that works for me and that I can stick to! I have tried pretty much every single diet out there over the years, starting with being dragged to Rosemary Conley class at 18 by my dear mother! You need to find what works for you, and accept it might take a while to find that!

I bit the bullet and went to slimming world yesterday!
Still can't believe I went in all by myself. The people are lovely :)
Off to shop for food later (if I can get back to sleep: :mad: ) as all we have that I can eat is potato and beans!
I couldn't believe my weight when I went too :( I have put on around 2 stone in 6 months.

Yay - you are on your way!!!!!! I am so excited to see how your journey progresses. In about 2 weeks I am starting my sw journey as my packs will start running out then.

Think we've all had that sickening moment stepping on the scales for the first time Ch3rrie- use that as motivation! Good luck!

Thanks everyone,. Good luck lass!!!
I didn't feel too bad when I saw the weight, because the person who weighed me didn't act shocked it anything! She just wrote it down and didn't judge me at all which made me feel more comfortable.
When I got home it sunk in. 20st 4lb :( I've never been this heavy.
At least I know what caused it. I've binged and binged on junk for so long now.
I am sure I was 18st something only last October! I can't believe the weight I've gained since then.

The class was nice. I'm not a social person until I'm more comfortable with everyone so I sat on my own. Then the consultant told everyone off because I was on my own lol! So she moved me to sit with some lovely ladies.
The group have a really good sense of humour which I really like :)

I'm so glad it's working out for you to go to group. It will be good to get the face to face support. That combined with the support on here and you will get to the end of this journey :)

the person who weighed me didn't act shocked it anything! She just wrote it down and didn't judge me at all which made me feel more comfortable.

Of course she wouldn't judge you - because ever single person, including her, has been there too, love! :)

And try not to focus on being sad about what you weigh now. Instead, give yourself a big pat on the back because you got to the class, you enjoyed yourself there, you're now equipped with a new way of eating, and you're going to see the weight falling off :D

Back