Hello

Sparkle86

Hi,

I'm new here, and this is my first time following any sort of plan so I'd really welcome some support! I hope this is in the right place :)

I'm currently around 10st, and a size 10 (I'm around 5'2ish tall).

Ideally, by the beginning of December (or maybe Xmas?) I'd like to be in a size 8 party dress and losing some of my chubby tummy.

I've not really got time for the groups - so am going it alone with the books (& the internet!).

I'm hearing conflicting things about meals being 1/3 superfree foods - is this a must? (friend who does groups says not..?)

Yesterday I ate:

B: 2x wholemeal toast (Healthy Extra), scraping of butter (2 syns). Cup of tea with 1x teaspoon of sugar (1 Syn)
L: Potato & Leek Soup (home made by chefs at work so free??), 1/2 a large wholemeal finger roll (3 syns?)
D: Lean steak, Less than 3% fat chunky oven chips (1kg =10 syns), poached egg and baked beans - (2 syns for chips?)
Snacks: 2x apples, 2x bananas, 1x fruit tea, 1x tea with sweet & low sachet, 2 small choc bics (oops! 6 syns?) 1/2 a mugshot tomato (free?)

I make that a total of 14 syns which is still in the recommended 10-15 syns allowance (must drop the chocolate!!)

Today I've so far eaten:

B: 2x wholemeal toast, butter and baked beans (HE and 2 syns). Cup of tea with sweet & low (free?)

Lunch is planned: Jacket potato, salad, tuna mayo (premade by work - 2 syns? may drop the tuna mayo!)

No idea about Dinner but will snack on fruit throughout the day.

Does that sound right, or am I missing something?

Hi Sparkle86,

I am also new to this site but I have been following SW for 20 weeks now and to date I have lost 2st 11lb. I will help you if I can!!

Firstly I think you may want to add your sins up again I get 24!!
Secondly how do you know the soup made by the chef is completely free?
Thirdly If you follow the extra easy plan you can eat lots more food example for your Dinner you could have had the lean steak with as many Slimming World chips as you like and a 3rd of your plate being salad.

If you need more help let me know :) Jillybabs

You may get a better response if this is moved to the main thread however....

the 1/3 super free, that's a contentious point. The literature says its a whenever possible but the general consensus seems to be it is so integral to success it SHOULD be mandatory. This means your breakfasts are not ideal and should contain some super free. Maybe some fruit like a banana or an apple alongside your toast.

Having the 1/3 super free with EVERY meal helps you to fill up on nutrient dense food and naturally limits space on your plate for the free and synned food that makes up your meal.

Have 1 Hex a (calcium) and one HEXB (fibre rich) per day and then everything else must be free food or synned.

Snacks should be be superfree as first choice or free as second choice. Obviously you are free to use your syns as you please, in meals, as snacks etc.

also I wouldn't second guess homemade soup made by anyone other than yourself. It could have anything in that you are not aware of. Is there an option to take your own lunch? Much safer.

Back