1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by babysumo, 23 February 2014 Social URL.

1. babysumo

babysumo Member

Hey everyone my name is j,
    I took my user name from an incident that happened a long time ago when having a bath with my 5year old son. I stood up to hop out of the bath and my son (eyes shining with admiration) said "Dad you look like a baby sumo". At that time I was 23 stone and have lost around 5 stone since. I'm looking forward to and appreciate the chance to participate in these forum. Being obese is a lonely place, a loneliness that colors the background of the whole of ones life, so the value of a forum such as this could easily be the value of a life.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Princess_Ruthy

Princess_Ruthy Well-Known Member

Hello J, welcome to Minimins! That weight loss is amazing, wish i could boast about that, one day i will! Good luck on the continuation of your weight loss journey :)

4. babysumo

babysumo Member

Thanks Princess, Its great having the support the forums give, you should just be boasting anyway beautiful.

5. IzzyWizzy

IzzyWizzy Well-Known Member

What a heartfelt post J , I admire your honesty, and of course you are entirely right. I wish you much success. I too have a lot of weight to lose and have made a pact with my son that if I don't give up on this then he will not give up on learning to ride a bike. Something he is desperate to do but lacks the confidence to achieve.

Izzy x

6. bekhayman

bekhayman New Member

Congrats on the 5 stone loss. Thats amazing. I'm new to the forum too.

Your post was lovely and I could relate to it. I have generalised anxiety disorder and tend to comfort eat when im feeling anxious. Everyone has their reasons and I think if you don't do it yourself then you don't understand.

All the best x

7. IzzyWizzy

IzzyWizzy Well-Known Member

You are the first other person I have come across with a diagnosis of GAD. My 9 year old son has also been diagnosed with this about 2 years ago. It is a difficult thing to manage don't you think? He finds it very difficult to talk about . I'd appreciate any tips or insights you may be willing to share with me.
    Hugs Izzy x