Hello!

Hi, I first want to apologise for not introducing myself using my name, but I teach...an age group where googling you teacher is a fun pastime!
I'm 30 and back on Slimming World for about the 4th time. The first time was a good few years ago and I lost about a stone, got to target and was happy. But then I got lax...stopped going to group and the weight started to creep back on. I moved in with my partner, and tried to stick to the principles of SW again, and did manage to lose a few lbs and stick there. We split up, I moved out on my own and just could not be bothered to cook or even care about what I ate. I lived off ready meals and takeaways. On and off I attempted to go back to SW and then got offered a new job. I went back to a group with the intention of getting back into the groove of it before I started my new job and moved away to another country. Now I've been on and off with it but after standing on the scales a few times I know I have to do something about it. So...as there are no groups (SW doesn't exist where I am), I have been looking for a forum or some kind of 'support group' to help keep me motivated and keep me on plan. It also doesn't help that my partner really has never needed to watch what he ate and he seriously struggles with me being on the SW plan. It isn't that he isn't supportive, he is and he really tries to help but he just doesn't get it.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on this journey :)

Back