Hello :)

Jengen

Hi all :)
I started taking orlistat on Monday :$
I got them in the Easter holidays and been too scared to start taking them!!
Still scared - I don't know what food to have and what to avoid etc!
I read the 5g rule and I am trying to check fat content :(

I have been on minimins on and off for years the same as slimming world!
Lose then put it all back on etc!
Hoping slimming world (at home) along with orlistat will be a winning combination!

Only time will tell

Looking forward to speaking to you all :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Welcome and good luck! Try to stick to the 5% rule and you'll be fine.

Have you been on the WEMITTS part of the forum, under Slimming Clubs? It's for people with a lot to lose, regardless of what plan they're on, and it's a very active section. :) xx

Thanks,
Have not posted in there this time yet but have been in before :):)
The 5g rule - is it if it has less 5g per 100g then it's ok no matter what u having with it?
I'm not quite sure on rule :$
Over the whole meal/day how much fat are u meant to have?
Jen :)

I'm not an expert, having taken a rather fast and loose approach to the rules during the two years or so I was on Orlistat, lol. But yes, it's 5g per 100g, and I think something like no more than 15g fat per meal. Your best bet is the Sticky in this section which explains it in more detail, or the information leaflet which comes with the tablets. :) xx

Thanks I read leaflet but was still confused. I've read first sticky but need to read it all still.
I am using my fitness pal to try and help me :)

Hello! I'm also relatively new to Orlistat and have lost 10lbs in my first week so I'm a happy bunny - hopefully you will be too. I was told under 3g per 100g and I've been having a great time finding out just how much fat are in so called "healthy" things.

Keep going - it's going to be worth it in the end! :D

Wow!!! 10 in your first week is amazing! Hope I manage to do as well as you!
Do u use myfitnesspal or have a food diary? I would love to have a look x

No real exercise as my weight has caused me to have bad knees and a bad back. Just cooking everything from scratch and nothing over 3g of fat.

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's definitely 5g fat per 100g, but that's just a guideline. I've always counted calories rather than fat - as long as I didn't go way overboard on fat I was always fine, but everyone needs to find their own tolerances. :) xx

Back