Hello:)

Michelle_s

Hi :)
I found this forum while googling reviews for the wii 'game' fitness coach (glad to see im not the only one who loves to hate that maya :p ) went off then realised this might be a good place to make some friends and share some mutual support for losing weight so came back had a read, liked what i saw and signed up :)
So about me umm well im 35,have 4 kids and am married to one of those annoyingly eternally thin men who complain about being too thin lol. Ive struggled with my weight for years mostly cos im a lazy cow who hates excercise :p but am now determined to lose weight through torture...oh sorry i mean excercise.
Im not really very good with these introduction type thingies so I'll leave it there before i waffle on even more.
Nice to meet you all in advance :)

Last edited:
Hi Michelle

I'm new to this but will try and advice you on exercise as I'm not bad at that side of things :).

The first thing to do I guess is just start easy. Exercise when you start isnt about killing yourself to lose weight instantly. The main problem with people that do that is either they hurt them selfs going to quickly to start with. Or that you get so put of by not being able to exercise at the level that you would like to stop straight away.

The best thing you can do is start slow. You havent put what exercise you like to do so I cant really advise until I know but I'll give you an example. Also just a general idea about you fitness level on a scale of 1 to 10 or something.

Basically if you want to start losing weight by going jogging the best thing you can do is plan a route. Once you have your route planned you need to start off slowly. If you feel its hard to jog/run, jog the distance you can (without having a heart attack) once you find you cant go on dont stop completely just slow into a walk. If you feel after walking for a while you can carry on jogging then carry on and repeat this step over and over. If you do this simple step your be running the whole route in no time at all. Its shocking how quickly it works you should see an improvement daily (of course if you jog daily.) A great thing to try also while jogging is set a marker each time that you want to jog past without stopping. This really helps you monitor your improve and build confidence's etc.

Sorry for the large reply. Just trying to help with the simple advice that you already know i'm sure. But if really works the main thing is keeping at it.

Hi Michelle and welcome to the board.

Hi and welcome to minimins. This is the best place to be for help, support and advice. If you have a look at the top, in the big blue band there is a link to tutorials, this will give you all the information you need and lots of help to find your way around the site. There is also a link to the inspirational slideshow, which shows piccies of people who have done a diet, or are on their journey, and shows progress. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and someone will always be able to help you.

Once again, welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey x x x

Hi and welcome michelle! I just started using My Fitness Coach this week. Its quite hard to keep up with her at first but I'm sure the results must be good eventually! Good luck on your weight loss programme!

Back