Total Solution Desperately Seeking Slim

Lol, the wine won't run out, that's brilliant! So long as you can guarantee that it won't run out I'm adding this one to my armoury :)

I think that's a pretty safe bet. But don't come after me if it proves to be an incorrect prediction. LOL.

Sorry you felt so down after your night CM! You're only human, don't be so hard on yourself! I purposely didn't go out to at the weekend because I knew if I did I wouldn't have the will power to say no when in my friends company!
Everyday is a new day and new beginning. You were strong enough to overcome the hangover munchies, that's a massive feat!! Chin up hun!

I would seriously just try to go cold turkey while doing this

Yup - I think you're right. Sometimes I like to just push myself to see what I can and can't get away with. I felt pretty rotten Sat morning and ultimately, this really isn't forever. The whole point of this was to learn moderation. ('Wine', 'me', 'moderation' . . . in the same sentence. . . I must be getting old. . .)

Last night I weighed and I was an astonishing 12lbs down! (There is 14lbs in a stone, right?). I felt pretty low last night though, after weighing, and I've been thinking about it all day - why am I not happy. That's almost a stone in a week and is great. . . . I know I've overweight. I look in the mirror and I am far from happy with what I see. I hate shopping for clothes and I feel fat in everything I wear. But there's still this part of me that doesn't think I have a problem, and go on, order in a pizza, have seconds. I guess that the realisation that I can just lose 12lbs, just like that (not that I'm saying it wasn't hard) (and I appreciate it's mainly water and glycogen), but to lose that and for it not to be noticeable. . . I guess it's the last of my denial slipping away.

But today was a new day and I'm ok. I'm not great, but I'm ok. I've taken up knitting. I figure when waves of hunger come, I'll just crack out the knitting. I also have decided it's time for some goals. I think getting through week 1 should be one completed goal. I'm terrible at setting goals and not sure what sort of weight-loss I should be aiming for.

It's my birthday at the end of July (27th). Maybe. . . . 4 weeks to 16 stone? Is that too much? It seems terribly ambitious
:eek:

That's right 14lbs in a stone! So you've lost 12lbs in your first week. Really well done. Now I don't want to burst your bubble but I would say that another 1 stone 6lbs is ambitious (although not impossible) but you could comfortably be somewhere between 16st and 16st 7lbs. I'm only saying this because I don't want you to set yourself up for a fall and then get disappointed with yourself if you don't hit that target. Let's face it going from 18st 4lbs to 16st 7lbs or a bit less in five weeks will be an amazing achievement. When I did Lipotrim in 2011 I did lose exactly 2st in five weeks and there are people who do 2st in four weeks and then a few more pounds in week five. If I was you, I'd decide to be happy to reach 16st 7lbs and anything else is a bonus.

With regard to your other point the larger you are the longer it takes for people to notice your weight loss and to drop through the sizes. I have been doing this now for nine weeks and STILL haven't got into my size 16s. I'm still wearing the same pair of size 18 jeans as when I started although they are much looser. Think I need to lose another 10lbs to a stone which will mean I've gone from a size 20, (although I wasn't wearing size 20s but rather squeezing into size 18s) to a size 16 but it will have taken around 3 stone off to get me there, in effect 1.5 stone per dress size. But, I know from before that the smaller you get, the faster you go through the sizes and by the time I was 13st I was getting into size 14s so that only took a stone to drop down another size. Don't expect too much too soon. Try measuring yourself for encouragement and just keep on going.

With regard to being unhappy with yourself but then having that part of you that convinces you that you don't really have a problem, I have a couple of photos of occasions when I thought I looked OK going out and it was only after seeing the photos I realised how huge I was. We've all been there; that's why we're here. The fact is that, if you have a BMI of over 27, you probably shouldn't be ordering pizza or having seconds of anything. This is from someone who could happily put away five chocolate bars in a night, ON TOP OF a big evening meal and a few glasses of wine. I posted something about facing the facts on another thread in order to stay on track. I'll try and find it and post it here for you.

Last edited:
Here it is. It was originally posted on Moonlight's diary.

Complacency is a killer. I'm already feeling so much better because my jeans are looser and I know my abdominal pot has gone down. BUT I AM 15ST 8LBS and that is four and a half stone over a healthy BMI for my height and I have a ton of clothes that used to fit me and don't anymore. Also, there was a time when I'd have DIED if I'd thought I would ever be this heavy. So, when I start feeling 'oh, I'm not so bad' I try and focus on actual FACTS. I am still clinically obese and no matter how much better I'M feeling about myself at the moment, I can't ignore the true facts of my situation. That's what I try and focus on. Good luck.

You deserve to do this for yourself! To make yourself the happy confident person you want to be. You deserve to enjoy food when YOU want it, and not to let food just hop into your mouth mindlessly when ever you feel down or stressed. I know I personally need to learn that food is purely for fuel, and yes, it can be pleasurable and tasty, but I will feel so much better about eating if I know I won't have the associated guilt afterward a when I catch sight of myself in the mirror.

Just you keep going chick, cate promises the wine will still be there after all this, otherwise we can go and get her! :)

Ps - love knitting :)

Just you keep going chick, cate promises the wine will still be there after all this, otherwise we can go and get her! :)

Strangely, I'm not worried. LOL. Think I'm pretty safe! ;)

This diet is certainly an emotional roller coaster! Just wait until people do start to notice - it's a wonderful feeling. Keep at it CM. You've done brilliantly so far!

12lbs is an amazing loss!! You should be so proud of yourself. I know this is a tough diet to stick to but the rewards will be plentiful when you fit into the dress you've always wanted to wear and people have to take a second look when they see you. Those are the artificial benefits but I know for me, feeling confident and actually content in who I am and the way look. I had a bit of a teary afternoon yesterday, I think hormones are a bit all over the place with the lack of food.
Head up and look forward to all the confidence that's coming your way! You're doing fantastic, don't doubt yourself xx

Complacency is a killer. I'm already feeling so much better because my jeans are looser and I know my abdominal pot has gone down. BUT I AM 15ST 8LBS and that is four and a half stone over a healthy BMI for my height and I have a ton of clothes that used to fit me and don't anymore. Also, there was a time when I'd have DIED if I'd thought I would ever be this heavy. So, when I start feeling 'oh, I'm not so bad' I try and focus on actual FACTS. I am still clinically obese and no matter how much better I'M feeling about myself at the moment, I can't ignore the true facts of my situation. That's what I try and focus on. Good luck.

This. Half the reason I am this size is because I chose, yes chose, to ignore my expanding waist line, make excuses for it and not see it was a problem. Then I woke up and it was way out of control.

Haha, yes! And believe me skinny CM and skinny Bob can kick some serious butt! :)

Cici, sorry you felt a bit teary. I still find my mood is a bit all over the place at the moment and all of a sudden I'll feel very low and tearful, but I'm noticing that's just before I'm due a pack. I'm wondering if this is blood sugar levels or just because my food and love are so linked in my brain (and therefore hunger, emptiness and unloved) :confused:

Today, however, I'm happy to report a Good Day, no real cravings, just happy being in my groove. Last night my boyfriend and I, and another couple, booked a holiday in September. Extra motivation to get skinny for holibobs!

Yeah I reckon it has to be something to do with imbalances of some sort! Not a nice feeling!

Delighted to hear you're having a great day! Oooh holidays? Anywhere nice??

I was feeling a bit blue last night so decided to weigh in and to my horror saw that the scales hadn't budged one little bit. I felt really down after that. I was just stood there on the scales, staring at this 17st 6 in the face and I swear, either I was going to eat it, or it was going to eat me. Thankfully the other half hadn't started making his dinner yet otherwise I think I might have devoured the lot. I didn't though, came here, read diaries, reminded myself weight loss isn't linear. Just trying to take things day by day again.

So, I've come up with a couple of reasons the weight may not have shifted:
1) I have a dash of milk with tea every morning (and on tough days, I'll have another cup of tea in the evening). I know milk is high in sugars but I almost certain I've stayed in ketosis since day 4. If anyone has any healthier/more ketosis friendly (unsweetened) alternatives, I'd happily try them?
2) I drank on Friday, but even if I drank two whole bottles of wine (which I didn't, more like just under 1 bottle) I'd still have a calorie deficit enough to lose weight, surely?!
3) On day 2 I realised I couldn't cope with just sweet shakes, so went to buy some soups but Exante was out of stock and, having not tried any of them, I didn't want to risk buying x50 of one variety so I bought some from KeeDiet (I thought they had the best variety of flavours) and have been temporarily on KeeDiet since Fri. I really didn't want to have to restart just for the want of something savoury. (FYI - I did get a couple of shakes and they aren't as nice as Exante's versions imo)

I haven't (I don't think) left ketosis, but wonder if the switch is the cause?

I don't suppose it really matters either way and only have about a week's worth of KeeDiet packs to get through before switching back to Exante (have to have 4 KeeDiet packs per day, not 3).

And to top it all off, I've had stomach pains since this morning. Thoroughly grumpy Coffeemate today. Hope everyone else is having a better day!

So, you weighed on Monday night and had lost 12lbs. Then you weighed 48 hours later and the scales hadn't moved. Don't let it get to you. You have another five days before you can see what you've lost for week two. You were staring 17st 6lbs in the face but just over a week ago that number was 18st 4lbs!!! We all know this isn't linear. You could well have a three pound drop overnight in the next few days. Stay off the scales, stay 100% and you can't not lose. I haven't registered a loss over a five day period a few times since doing this, all on my diary, but I keep on going and the weight is coming off, just not necessarily to my schedule. Just keep going.

CM... (Hugs!) you've lost 12lbs... TWELVE BLOODY POUNDS!! That is fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself for that number in such a short space of time!! I had lost 10lbs after day 3/start of day 4 and only barely lost 2 more by my week 1 weigh in this morning. The scales can make you feel amazing and terrible all at once and I have decided I'm putting it away until every Thursday morning because it has me so up and down constantly wondering how iv done today you know? I can almost guarantee you you will be delighted this time next week when you weigh in for week two. Keep going, you're doing brilliantly. Give yourself the credit you deserve for the 12lbs you've shifted, that's not an easy number to reach!! Xx

Where are you? What's happening? If things have gone pear-shaped it doesn't matter. Get back on here and wipe the slate clean. Don't let things drift. Jump straight back on.

Hi CM. Hope you're OK. What Cate says is right. Hope to hear from you soon.

I'm baaaccckk! :wavey: Had huge problems with our internet, had friends staying, then went to visit family, then a wedding, then more friends staying, then my mum came to stay and then my 30th and then I got engaged! It's been a whirlwind month and I was doing fabulously until last weekend. Today I'm on 16st 2, so I'm down 2st 2lbs, but had a real wobble after he popped the question. I was just so happy and the diet went out the window.

I'd planned a food week for my bday meal. We stayed in as I'd have more control and made a lush tuna nicoise salad (minus potatoes for me of course) which is when he proposed! On the saturday morning I was on cloud 9 and made us eggs Florentine (our fav breakfast), although minus the muffin for me. Then we went walking all along South Bank and across London - such a lovely sunny day too. We'd been walking for about 6 hours when we, no I, I caved and we went to Nandos. I had just plain chicken and salad though. Mmmm, I swear that was the best damn Nando's I've ever had. Then I finished the evening off with a fair few mojitos. Sunday morning I decided that I'd obviously blown it so decided to just try and stay clear of carbs and then back it on Monday. Finished off the hollandaise with eggs Benedict for breakfast and then a pub meal (relatively carb free but very loaded in cals). I did ok Monday and Tuesday last week but I keep slipping towards the weekend. Funnily enough, I don't think I put myself out of ketosis, despite all the lemon and lime.

Since then, it's been really hard to get back on it. I've stayed hovering at this weight since about 24th July and I really, really want to get back on it. Mum was up last weekend and she wouldn't have understood so I settled for having a low carb small dinner Fri and Sat, but stuck to a pack or two in the day. Yesterday I was ok, but today, am struggling again. And now my cousin is coming to visit at the weekend I can see that I'll end up eating this weekend too!

So - any tips for restarting or trying to find the motivation. I've got a wedding to get slim for, but I was so determined, so strong and I just seem to have lost my willpower.

On the plus side, I've got my lovely hour glass figure back. I have curves ladies! And they're going in the right direction!

Back